FitFan

What do YOU use for Hair Growth?

(0) Hearts

I use Coconut Oil mostly..but sometimes I'll mix in some grapeseed oil as well. I was just curious what you guys use? I'm no longer a fan of biotin since it makes my skin break out.  When I was taking a zinc supplement, I noticed hair growth as well. Any wise old recipes out there :smileyhappy:

kirstensf

Re: What do YOU use for Hair Growth?

(0) Hearts

Multivitamins and a diet rich in protein and essential fatty acids.

Clakent

(0) Hearts

I use argan oil mainly, a brand called pro naturals argan oil shampoo and conditioner. I also do lots of natural remedies like scalp massages and diet.

annonymous1

The oldest and wisest from my grandma herself :smileyhappy: horse shampoo! they usually have it at walmart, kmart, walgreens & cvs depending on where you are, its called mane and tail, also makes your hair very strong and managable :smileyhappy: helped my hair grow about 4 inches in 5 months and it made it super shiny, plus its cheap :smileyhappy:

ry22

(0) Hearts

Heat protectant before heat styling, or even taking a break from it helps me :smileyhappy: Also, better brushes like the Drybar one can give the hair less breakage. Avoid brushing wet hair, if you have to do something to it use a wide-tooth comb.

FitFan

It's interesting you say to not brush on wet hair because I've always heard the opposite. I thought when it's wet it's easier to detangle because of the conditioner and when it's dry it's more prone to breakage.

beautylovingirl

Your hair is most fragile when it's wet that's when it's most prone to breakage.

FitFan

(0) Hearts

I have heard about the prenatal vitamins too! I do scalp massages frequently when my hair has been pulled back all day. You can feel the relief the minute you take your hair tie out, lol. It's like my hair follicles scream :ahhhh:

SydBristow

Argan oil product applied to wet hair, plus using shampoo substitutes (Wen, DevaCurl) has made my hair grow like crazy.  Even my stylist commented on all of the growth!

Crescent312

(0) Hearts

Wow prenatal vitamins for hair growths! Great tip!

knadala

(0) Hearts

Prenatal vitamins; they are great for hair and nails :smileyhappy:

Coconut milk/oil and yes to carrots! leave-in conditioner.

LadyInWhite

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've got a friend who gives herself weekly scalp massages.  She says the increased blood flow helps.  I don't worry about it myself, but massages can't hurt :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • kirstensf
    • annonymous1
    • ry22
    • FitFan
    • beautylovingirl
    • Crescent312