qmgirl

What Do You Do With Your Hair Before Bed??

I have lots of hair (as pictured but some of it is behind my back lol and it is tame and wavy due to bumble and bumble curl calming cream otherwise it would be a poofy curly nest. lol) and I am prone to headaches and migraines. I cannot for the ;life of me sleep with anything in my hair so i leave it out at night and wake up sweating to death and with a tangles mess. :smileysad: I am not sure if there is a solution since I have so much hair and I don't mind waking up sweaty because it is better than waking up with a terrible headache.

Just curious to know what your bedtime hair routine is. :smileyhappy:

qhair.jpg

Corrina777

Re: What Do You Do With Your Hair Before Bed??

(0) Hearts

I do a loose ponytail on top of my head with one of those 90's style fabric scrunchies.  I toss and turn horribly and this seems to keep tangles to a minimum.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I rock a scrunchie nightly! & when I leave the house if my hair is up. It's the only thing that doesn't snag my hair. Even ribbon ties can be damaging 

annekevdb

I never understood all the scrunchie hate. I love them - so hard to find them now it seems. They don't pull or break my hair. I mean, by the time I'm wearing a sloppy ponytail I am *not at all* concerned w/ fashion. Usually I'm also wearing my comfy pants and busy with trying to wrangle my kids through the grocery store or something. 

asdsfgh

(0) Hearts

I always do a single braid in the back :smileyhappy:

pinktorridora

I use velvet elastics and put it in a messy bun on top of my head. Otherwise I will be waking up all night to keep it off my neck and out of my face.

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

I've tried putting an ouchless hair tie very loosely but I guess i move around too much when i sleep because it comes out and my hair ends up all over anyway. lol maybe I am doomed to sweating to death and waking up to a messy nest... lol my headaches are seriously out of control. It doesnt take much for me to get a headache at all. :smileysad:

pinktorridora

My sister used to get headaches when she had really long hair.

Have you tried a mushroom? Basically just pull your hair half way through the elastic.

qmgirl

I haven't tried that yet but I now will. :smileyhappy:

anaa

Your hair is gorgeous!  What else do you use besides the curl calming cream?

qmgirl

Thank you! I usually use pantene for relaxed or natural hair shampoo and conditioner (although lately I've been trying different brands but so far i love this one) sometimes a leave in conditioner. pantene for relaxed and natural hair used to have this great oil cream leave in conditioner that made my curls so soft and manageable but i haven't found it in a long time. :smileysad: now i use anything people suggest. I tried miss jessies curl cream (i forget which one) and it was good but I still used a little gel. lol When i don't feel like having my hair super curly I use the B&B curl calming cream but i do still have to put gel to tame it and keep it from looking to fluffly. lol When I want my hair curly and unruly I use gel and mousse. So far I love redken mousse for my hair. :smileyvery-happy:

anaa

Mine has a tendency to get fluffy too unless I use some kind of gel.  I have been using Ouidad and like that line.

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

maybe i will try that. What do you use specifically? 

DesertRose0706

i put my hair up in a loose bun, but instead of securing it with a hair tie, i use 3 small hair clips to keep it in place.  This keep sit out of my face and prevents it from causing me head aches, and is actually very comfortable to sleep in!  these are the types of clips i use:

claw clips.jpg

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

Are these the tiny ones? If so I will prob need 6. lol I break the big ones all the time but I am not sure if i would be comfortable sleeping with them. But if they are the tiny ones I am sure they don't hurt I will just need more. :smileysad:

Clakent

I usually braid it and put some argan oil by pro naturals in it to keep it soft and frizz free.

lovebird411

I don't have any advice for this one but you have beautiful hair, qmgirl!

qmgirl

awwww thank you lovebird411! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

I have med length hair cuz I don't like dealing with the mess, but when I did have long hair, I either flip it up on the pillow, put it in a loose bun on top of my head, or loosely braid it before I go to sleep.

As for sweaty head, I use a beansprout shell pillow (prob hard to find here), or have a bamboo/straw mat cover over my regular pillow in the summer (you can prob find this in China town). It's pretty common in China and looks like this:

swfupload_562121613695431200.jpg

I also recently brought a pillow with a cooling gel layer on top, available anywhere, I brought mine at Walmart or target.

qmgirl

Excellent. That's a great idea. I think I will try these pillows and see what happens. lol Thanks beautytester!

DTalksAll

I like to massage my scalp, put a little hydrating cream/oil on my ends, brush it & the either put it up in a loose messy bun, or french braid. 

If I only wrap the scrunchie twice around my hair, instead of 3 times then it won't tug on my hair. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • anaa
    • lilyyy
    • pinktorridora
    • ChicDabbler
    • asdsfgh