michelle283

Washing your hair?

Poll time, guys and dolls!

I am curious how often each of you wash your hair.

Also... do you prefer washing it in the am before work, or in the pm before bed?  I am NOT a morning person, so I definitely am an evening hair washer, and do so every 2-3 days, depending on certain factors.

Ok, I want your feedback as well... and, GO!!!

gingerblack

Re: Washing your hair?

(0) Hearts

I wash my hair every 3 days +/- 1. I also am not a morning person. 

8TeenQueen

(0) Hearts

I have long hair, and it's very fine and blonde. So, even if I wanted to wash my hair every other day, I couldn't; because my hair will get weighed down very quickly from dirt, weather, and products.

I wash my hair at least once a day, if not more. I know people say you don't need to wash it every day, or that you'll be wasting the natural oils your hair produces...

But, for me, this system has worked for a long, long time. I put a lot of volumizer to make it "pop", and then, by the end of the day, I need to wash it all out, otherwise, it'll drive me nuts.

itscarin

(0) Hearts

I have long hair and while I'd like to not wash it every day, that's not practical for me.  I always wash my hair after a workout.  I usually workout at night so I'll wash my hair and let it air dry overnight. 

Candy357

(0) Hearts

I have for the longest washed very other day. And on evenings :smileyhappy: 

Candy357

(0) Hearts

Every I meant.

italianyc84

I notice the more...I guess you can say "damage" that I do to my hair (coloring my roots, using a blowdryer and straightener, etc), the less I have to wash my hair.  My hair used to be greasy as hell the day after washing, now I can skip a day.  I'm so grateful for that, it means I can sleep in some days!!  The only thing I still haven't mastered is getting my hair to look normal after washing it, it always looks crumpled in the morning!

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

I always wash my hair before bed. And I wash it once or twice a week. I am trying to condition it so it will be less greasy. 

So day one and two things are good, day three I dry shampoo, day 4 I put it up, days 5 and 6 I have it in a top knot and a hairband. 

PinkKittyBeauty

(0) Hearts

Every other day, my hair gets too oily if i don't wash it frequently :smileysad:

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

Im currently growing my hair out so I try not to wash it every day and I even went a whole week without washing it. I notice that when I dotn wash it it has more sheen and it has considerabley grown by doing this :smileyhappy:

hannahhochman

twice a week! the natural oils from your scalp need time to reach your ends. the longer your hair, the less often you should wash it because it takes longer for the oils to reach your ends. for those of you who say your hair is super oily so you have to wash it everyday, its because youre stripping your hair of the natural oil so it feels like it has to overproduce oil. i used to have super oily hair when i washed it every day, but then i slowly started washing it less frequently to train it to not overproduce oil. i started with every other day until my scalp got used to it, then every three days, and now im at twice a week. my hair does still get a little greasy after the second day, but i just apply dry shampoo and im good to go. this way i dont have to put any more heat on it than i already do anyways!

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

Thats what I am working on now. 

RolyPoly

Every other day. I have oily hair and scalp so dry shampoo goes only one day, two max. 

CuriousCannibal

[ Edited ]

This is going to sound weird to some people, But i only wash my hair once a week. I have very thick, curly hair, and washing it too much is actually bad for it. I could go two weeks without washing it, but that just grosses me out a bit, and it looks best the first few days after a wash.

I do occasionally co-wash mid-week (wash with conditioner), if needed.

Also, I wash it at night, because it takes hours to dry, and i don't like using a blow dryer. I'll braid it or do something else to enhance the curls overnight (if I don't use a curler, which i've been doing because i'm lazy)

sparklekai

my hair is very curly but very fine and i wash every 4 days max...usually i do it once a week and co-wash sometimes

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Doesn't sound weird at all - I also have long, curly, thick hair.  I used to wash every day when my hair was shorter but just can't anymore.  My scalp is much happier since I started washing once a week.

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

I wash my hair approximately every three days, but bathe everyday of course. Sometimes I will wash my hair after two days, depending on the products I use on my hair and how I style it because I do not feel comfortable going to sleep with a lot of products on my hair and getting those products transferred onto my face from the pillowcase. My hair needs products because it's curly/wavy, very red and very long, so I try to limit hair washing to preserve my hair color and save on products.

sdbeautyjunkie1

Ok I have been wondering this for years. I wash my hair daily and I can't figure out how not to. I have straight hair but when I sleep I don't know what I do but I wake up and my hair is seriously messed up and I feel like the only way to fix it is by getting it wet in the shower and that means washing it. So to the ladies who don't wash daily, do you keep it totally dry in the shower? Or do you get it wet and just not wash it? 

hannahhochman

just because you wet it doesnt mean you have to shampoo. i sometimes just rinse my hair with conditioner and it feels cleaner and helps with bed head but doesnt strip the oils from your hair 

DTalksAll

I have long, thick, straight hair. I usually sleep with my hair in a bun or french braid to keep tangles at bay. I like to shower in the evening, usually after I work out. I don't like wetting my hair if I'm not going to wash it, so I put it up in a bun & throw a big shower cap on. 

For days I don't wash my hair, I like to style it differently, I can wear it down if I slept with it in a bun, so I get some soft (barely there) waves. Or I wear it in a loose pony, a bun, a side braid.... 

I try to be gentle on my hair, when I wear a pony, it's not tight, so it will fall a bit, but it still looks decent. 

I wash my hair 2x a week max, I try to wash it only once though. 

sam279

(0) Hearts

I wash my hair every 2-3 days in the night. Like you, I'm kind of sluggish in the morning and I can't make it out of the door in time if I shower (and I do NOT want to wake up any earlier than I have to)

I used to wash my hair everyday....which was SO bad for it. My hair's pretty thick, but the oil washes right out when I shower. It used to be so dry, had no idea why....I can't believe I didn't think it was because I was showering every single day. I'm glad I switched - I realized that my hair looks so much better on the second/third day!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 98 replies
  • 165 hearts
  • 75 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe