michelle283

Washing your hair?

Poll time, guys and dolls!

I am curious how often each of you wash your hair.

Also... do you prefer washing it in the am before work, or in the pm before bed?  I am NOT a morning person, so I definitely am an evening hair washer, and do so every 2-3 days, depending on certain factors.

Ok, I want your feedback as well... and, GO!!!

DTalksAll

Re: Washing your hair?

When I was younger and danced, the hall we would practice in was right next to the kitchen old women made perogies in. Their perogie making night was the same night we had dance class. I could never fully get the smell of onions and garlic out of my hair. :smileytongue: 

wendiward

I used to shampoo every day, however..I have very thick hair. It's involved to wash and dry, it takes way to much time.  It took a while to transition, but now I only wash only every 7-10 days. I go now and have kit washed and blown out, that ways I don't have to mess with it.

Manda

Wash your hair as though shampoo?  If that is the case, I can go a week without washing my hair and no, my hair doesn't get oily at all.

ry22

I rise my hair every night because I work out every day and want to get the salt and sweat out. I use shampoo every other day though

green71191

I used to wash my hair everyday because it would get super oily. I realized that the reason is because i would wash it so often And it would strip down all my natural oils so by the next day it was overproducing to keep up. i read this info on several sites online. So i started washing my hair 2-3 a week. And my hair is not as oily as i once thought it was. :smileyhappy:

elaine4425

(0) Hearts

How did that transition go? I've tried reducing the amount I shampoo, but it just gets too gross that I can't even hide it by wearing it up. 

green71191

(0) Hearts

I couldn't go more than 24hrs without washing because it looked gross. So lets say i wash my hair right now...and id wait til tomorrow night to wash it...it was already super oily. Gross! And I back in late October I had a lot of free time on my hands (i was on medical leave for 6 weeks) so I got so MUCH more into learning how to take care of my skin, do my make up, hair...etc. and I learned to not wash my hair so often and another factor was that I was so high on drugs (prescription ones :smileywink: ) and had my jaw wired shut for 10 days that I was in no mood to do anything to myself....that i didn't wash my hair daily. which I'm really glad i had this transition while i was at home where no one saw me :smileywink: 

but sometimes If i try and go more than 3-4 days without washing its very noticeable. As you said I cant even hide it by wearing it up. :smileysad: it hadnt rained where I live for months until a few weeks ago...and Ive been working so much overtime that I didnt realize that i hadnt washed my hair In who knows how long. I would get home and was too tired to even eat dinner...and in the morning i wake up realized i forgot to even take a body shower so i would jump in the shower really quick. Anyway, well one day it was raining pretty hard and me, i never have an umbrella handy...so i walked to my car in the rain... And my hair obviously got wet...this might sound gross but i got a whiff of my hair and told myself "ewww i smell like wet dog" so i immediately got home and washed my hair. 

elaine4425

I'm an every morning shampooer. I have fine, thin hair that gets greasy by about 6 pm, so if I want to go out and have my hair look nice, I'll sometimes wash it twice in one day. Dry shampoos haven't worked for me yet, but I'm constantly trying new ones in the hopes that I can skip at least one day here and there. 

MikuNerd65

I try to do it every 2-3 days...sometimes longer. If my hair gives me a hint that it's a little  greasy, then that means wash time. I usually take my showers around 8-10pm

Askenjuri

Ooh, twice a week here.  My hair is fine, straight/slightly wavy, colored, and down past my shoulders.  I loathe mornings, so I like to have a nice, relaxing spa session in the evening.  Put on a face mask, do a deep conditioning or body treatment, get all smooth and moisturized.  So much nicer than rushing around in the am!

IAmLadyLiterary

I wash it every 2-4 days depending on how it feels and my work schedule.  There are days where I don't work till 1pm so I try and wash on those days because I hate washing my hair before bed.  The new shampoo and conditioner I am using lets me go longer without washing which is amazing!  And dry shampoo is my bff.

yvonne2366

I have straight, fine hair down to my shoulder blades.  It's color treated and very dry.  However, I have to wash and blow dry it every day before work or it's greasy and disgusting looking by noon.  Any advice on what I can do to only wash every other day?  thanks in advance!

killahbabe

I have wavy, fine hair down to my shoulder blades. I wash my hair just once or twice a week. Go with a sulfate shampoo and give your hair time to adjust to the new cycle of washing. I used to wash my hair every day and honestly changing my shampoo routine has improved my hair tremendously. 

lmi82

I would suggest trying to find a good dry shampoo. Prive Volumizing Dry Shampoo is the one I use and it works pretty well for me.

sn22

I am not a morning person either plus I like air drying my hair so I usually wash it at night. I usually wash it on the 3 rd day.

dglvx

I gotta be out of my house by 4:30 - 4:45 in the morning so washing my hair in the morning is out of the equation. I wash my hair every 2 days, and sometimes I can go on skipping another day. My hair (like my skin) is dry and doesn't get oily. Also my hair is very long, I got the brazilian keratin treatment so even when I wash my hair at night I don't have to spend any time blowdrying, my hair just dries straight with some waves that look very natural. It's very rare that I'll get out of the house with wet hair but if I have no option and have to get out, at least I can expect my hair to dry and I won't look like a bird just nested in my head. lol It actually looks like I spent time in front of the mirror styling it. I give the Keratin all the credit for this & also I never use any iron, curler and when I blow-dry, I do it quickly and use my hands or a regular brush. I never expose my hair to excessive heat. 

In conclusion, I wash every 2 to 3 days. My hair is long and I have the keratin treatment which made my hair very manageable and I can let my hair air dry and it will look nice. 1001601_10200335372501625_1964743064_n.jpg

lmi82

I love your lipstick! What shade is it? Also, you have very pretty hair. :smileyhappy:

yazmin

I have a lot of hair which is also long, I don't blow dry or anything, so I have to wash my hair in the morning so it can dry (takes hours to dry) I can't wash it at night because I wake up with damp hair, and since it doesn't dry well if done often it can leave a bad damp smell to it. So I must do it in the mornings and by 3pm It should be drying. In the summer is quicker to dry about 2-3 hours to completely dry. I wash my hair every other day because since I have been going to the gym my head sweats a lot. before I started going to the gym I would wash it twice a week.

bombshell30

My hair is long and super thick and I wash twice a week. I prefer to wash at night so I can air dry! :smileyhappy:

tracygirl64

I wash my hair twice a week. I am not a morning person either. I always have Sundays and Wednesdays off, so those are the days that I wash my hair. I typically stay home and just lounge around on my days off, so I'll wash my hair mid-day or at night. lol. If I do have plans on those days, then I will wash it earlier in the day so my hair is fresh, though.

mberteig

I wash my hair every other day and deep condition once or twice a week.  I wash my hair and shower in the evenings, that way my mornings are free to apply makeup!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 98 replies
  • 165 hearts
  • 75 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe