SydBristow

Thin hair with slight curl....product input?

I have come a long way from using shampoo - I switched to Wen, then DevaCurl. This seems to be a big help, but I need some good styling products too.

I am mostly looking to add volume. There is a Drybar cream I got a sample of that seems to work. When I've used samples of B&B thickening shampoo and conditioner it does thicken, as promised.

I have the Devacurl gel too. I almost always air dry my hair but if someone had a good plan that would pay off in volume and getting some curl to come out I would consider it. :smileyhappy:

martyj

Re: Thin hair with slight curl....product input?

I have thick curly hair, but if I change up my routine it can sometimes come out flat.  couple of suggestions: if you want  frizziless curls never towel dry your hair, when adding product flip your hair and scrunch- I find this helps,  don't use products that will weigh your hair down and stay away from products that contain alcohol as a main ingredient which are a lot. Try using kinky curly gel although I have to warn you it can be a little sticky (but it is all natural) and you can find it at target.

bombshell30

My hair is super thick with a slight curl, and flat as all get out. Salt spay has done more for my hair than any other product! Makes my natural curls mermaid like and beautiful and curling iron curls volumized and Bouncy. Only downside- it does make your hair feel (but not look) kind of dirty!

VTK084

I have thin wavy hair.  I find showering at night, putting in whatever thickening/curl enhancing product (I'm going through samples right now).  Just finished B&B Texture cream http://www.sephora.com/bb-texture-hair-un-dressing-creme-P286106?skuId=1336635

It worked well.  Anyway, I put whatever in, scrunch up my hair for curl, and sleep on my hair wet to dry.  That seems to be best I'm too lazy to blow dry but that's a good thing (not damaged hair).

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Sometimes I do shower at night but my hair doesn't come out the way I would want, LOL.  :smileyhappy:  Do you have a technique to adjust any wayward locks in the morning?  Just a little bit of water maybe? 

VTK084

Haha just not caring I suppose.  I chopped off all my hair 9 months ago and cut it into a (wavy) bob.  For once I was ahead instead of behind the trend.  I like looking like I don't care (hair wise).  

Spyski

Kenra 25 Volume Spray.

I tried alot of styling  products to give me volume without being sticky or having to take forever (roundbrush and hairdryer), yet I keep coming back to this stuff! I flip my hair upside down and spritz it on my roots from 6 inches away then again at the mid section. Perfecto!

SydBristow

Awesome, thanks spyski!!!  :smileyhappy:

Spyski

[ Edited ]

Ulta has a the bigger bottle on sale with a free mousse for $24 right now if you're interested. I picked mine up yesterday :smileyhappy:

Titian06

Hi, Syd!  I have curly hair and really like how much more volume and curl I get using the B&B Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner.  I also air dry my hair.  I also use Big Sexy Sea Salt Spray.  I mist my hair left, right, and back once it's 30 to 50% dry.  I like how it fluffs up and adds even more curl to my hair.

SydBristow

Titan, where do you get that?  I haven't been able to locate the spray.  Thanks!  :smileyvery-happy:

SydBristow

Thanks Titan, I will look into the spray! :smileyhappy:

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

Have you tried Ouidad and their rake shake technique? If not, on their site are videos on their technique - very easy, just need a hand. B&B curl conscious creme also works. After product, try twisting your hair in sections, pinning up, scrunching, etc and let dry for curls to form.

I normally just air dry too.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Easy to do technique, I will definitely try it!  Thanks so much for mentioning it!!  :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

Thanks, will look into it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • bombshell30
    • Spyski
    • Titian06
    • VTK084
    • SydBristow