Answer
veritabelle
The Absolute Best!

What is the absolute best shampoo and conditioner for fine hair that needs volume?  It doesn't have to be from Sephora and I don't care the price.  I have used Pureology, Bumble and Bumble, Matrix, Tea Tree series by Paul Mitchell and many others.  I am not in love with any of the products I have used so far. 

Thanks!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
prettyinpa
Answered

I have tried seemingly endless shampoo/conditioner duos on my fine hair (Matrix, Big Sexy Hair, all drugstore brands) and wasn't thrilled with them either. I am now using Nick Chavez Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner and LOVE it!  Actually makes my limp hair look much thicker and I can use it everyday and not worry about ruining my hair. I got this wonder shampoo at ULTA.

tenngal
Answered

My favorite sulfate-free and paraben-free, volumizing shampoo and conditioner is ALTERNA Caviar Anti-Aging Volume Shampoo and Conditioner.  The shampoo provides essential amino acids to help thicken your hair's structure and retain weightless moisture, while protecting color and improving the overall appearance of fine, brittle hair.  It's infused with Alterna's Age-Control Complex®, which includes Caviar Extract, Vitamin C, and Cytokines, for stronger, healthier hair.  It's also formulated with Seasilk®, Enzymetherapy®, and Color Hold® with UVA/UVB protection to shield from color fade, daily stresses and future damage.  The conditioner is also extremely good for your hair and you can find out more about both of these products here:

Shampoo:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P269709&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5998

Conditioner:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P269710&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5998

As a styling product to add volume after towel-drying your hair just before blow-drying, try Pureology Root Lift.  Sephora doesn't carry it, but you can find it at Ulta and hair salons.  It has a pin-point actuator so you can apply it directly at your scalp along your root line all over your head and you'll end up with tons of volume.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

tiffanybt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi veritabelle. I also have fine, thin hair and have been on the search for the BEST! Here are a few products that I keep going back to because it makes my hair full and voluminous: 

Phyto Phytovolume Maximizing Volume Shampoo

Phytovolume volumizer shampoo for fine, limp, lifeless hair. Crustacean shell extract increase the moisture level in the hair shaft to make it swell for a fuller appearance. I recommend pouring the shampoo directly onto your scalp and then massaging your scalp and evenly distributing it throughout your hair. 

phyto.jpg

Living Proof Full Conditioner

Full Conditioner properly cares for fine, thin, lifeless hair by adding weightless hydration, without silicones, oils, or heavy moisturizers. I admit to not using conditioner because I felt it always weighed my hair down and made it even more thin. That instantly changed when I tried this conditioner. I love how my hair feels smooth and also voluminous when I'm done blow drying my hair. 

LP.jpg

Living Proof Full Thickening Cream

This styling innovation allows fine, thin hair to act like thick hair with naturally soft, touchable body. By depositing thickening points on the hair strands, Full creates a thicker surface that enables fine hair to have natural movement and bounce, beautiful shape, and volume throughout the day. While traditional thickening products create a hard, brittle hold that collapses upon touch, Full allows your style to remain flexible, soft, and resilient. Go ahead, run your fingers through your hair, no need to fear a style fall. I have to admit that the next day your hair actually looks better and more full. Try it out!

LP.jpg

I hope these products work for you too! :smileywink:

corrin99
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Aveda by far!  Pure Abundance shampoo and conditioner, volumizing tonic, pure abundance hair potion.

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • corrin99
    • prettyinpa
    • veritabelle
    • tiffanybt
Photos3
  • phyto.jpg
  • LP.jpg