MsPatyCurls

THE WAR AGAINST FRIZZ

Hello Beautiful Ladies! I am a naturally curly girl; I would guess my hair type is 3c and I have just recently started using Deva Curl products which have done wonders for my curls, however, my problem area is still the scalp where I have major frizziness. My process begins with generously applying the Conditioner in the shower, then gliding the light hold gel. Are there any recommended products to use (preferably within the Deva Curl product line) that could smooth out these frizzies around the scalp area without causing build-up?

mel0035

Re: THE WAR AGAINST FRIZZ

(0) Hearts

Hi (:
i have the same hair type as you :smileyvery-happy:
I just started using devacurl products about....3 weeks ago-ish...something like that, any who what i found out that works for me with frizz is after using the one condition rinse it out, squeeze the excess water out of your hair apply amounts of one condition and shea moistures styling cream to your hair in sections after your done with the section apply the which ever gel you like (whether it is the ultra/light hold or arcangel) i use the arcangel and scrunch the mirror curls serum. Then i let my hair air dry and usually i dont get the frizzies on the top of my hair until like the 3-4th day

cyan8181

(0) Hearts

I've used both as well.  The Mist-er Right is a water-y product with glycerin and lavender oil, but still basically water.  I have sprayed it on my curls and ends before as well as the crown.  It takes down the frizz a bit, but not really much more than if I just misted with water.  For me, it's most useful as a scalp refresher.  The Set It Free spray has water and glycerin as the first two ingredients also, but has the look and consistency of half and half (like what you put in your coffee). It still comes in a spray bottle.  I use it all over to tame my frizzies including at my crown, but I don't massage it down into my roots like I do when using the Mist-er Right.  For what it's worth, I spray the Mist-er Right directly on to my hair and massage it in to the roots; I spray the Set It Free in my hand, rub them together and then smooth it over my hair. 

tallwoman

(0) Hearts

Try Darcy's Botanicals. This line has great hair care for natural hair and different hair types.

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

I don't know if you're looking for something heavy duty or a budget buy, but my favorite frizz tamer is from John Frieda's Frizz Eaze line. He has a bunch of anti-frizz serums of which you squeeze ten or so drops into your palms and work through your hair from the roots to the ends. If I'm remembering correctly, they also protect against breakage. My best friend introduced me to the serums, and she has very thick hair, while mine is quite fine. Thankfully, there are different Frizz Eaze serums depending on the thickness of your hair (her serum, for instance, feels like honey, while mine is far more fluid). I highly recommend them!

michmo

(0) Hearts

Have you tried the Mist-er Right spray?  That worked really well for me to tone down any frizz that came up for me.  Plus it is a light product that I didn't get any build up from.  I've repurchased this product because I like it so much.  

http://www.sephora.com/mist-er-right-P378323?skuId=1512888

Also there is the Set it Free spray that seems to be more of an oil-like spray.  This worked well but was a bit too heavy for my curls.  

http://www.sephora.com/set-it-free-P378327?skuId=1509629

MsPatyCurls

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much Michmo!

I was doing some research and was very curious about the set it free product. I will most definitely consider the Mist-er Right product as well. Thanks again for your help! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • tallwoman
    • cyan8181
    • michmo
    • lilahtov
    • mel0035
    • MsPatyCurls