Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

THE HAIR THREAD

a thread to talk about your hair goals / experiments / fails / wins / products etc. consider this a RANDOM THOUGHTS: HAIR thread 🙂

when i joined BT years ago, i was at the beginning phases of growing out a shaved head, after a decade of cropped pixie cuts and avant garde styles as well as defying my natural texture. my hair is past my shoulders now, and am fully immersed in this world of hair care and styling that i had been absent from for so long. 

this thread can be about anything. thoughts, questions, anecdotes that you feel like sharing but for whatever reason don't want to start an independent thread about. cheers !

Re: THE HAIR THREAD

The couple time I've donated my hair, I went from about elbow length to a bob between my chin and shoulders. Even though I've gone much shorter than that in my life, it still feels like a shock to lose that much hair in one fell swoop. I don't know the texture of your hair, but I would look for a long bob that suits your hair type. Do you wear your hair down normally or do you usually pull it back? If you're used to pulling it back, I'd definitely leave it long enough to keep doing so. You can ALWAYS go shorter if you want! Maybe something just above or at your shoulder and go from there? If you're feeling feisty, try long bangs as well, which you can also cut more if you decide you like them.

@jemly I FINALLY tried It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product and I just felt "meh."  So very many people raved about it.  I put it on first step to wet hair, then a little silicone serum, then some Phytodefrisant, then some Frizz Ease Extra Strength on my ends.  I will try it one more time and put it on at the end (and use my typical amount of silicone serum) and see what happens.  I have a feeling this will go back to Ulta.

@greeneyedgirl107 what kind of hair do you have ? what are you hair problems and hair goals ?

@jemly I have bra-strap length hair that is naturally thick, wavy and frizz-prone.  I flat iron, so my hair goals revolve around keeping my hair straight and flat.  My ends are rather dry.  I was just looking for something that would make my hair look a little better in terms of sleekness or make it appear healthier.

@greeneyedgirl107 have you ever considered going silicone free ? it's the best thing i ever did for my hair. i find that silicone definitely is a quick fix that will help with sleekness and shine at first, but it also tends to dry out my hair, weigh it down and cause breakage (3 things that lead to worse frizz). i'm not saying my hair is entirely frizz-free, but the type of frizz i get (when i get it) is so much better and more manageable. overall hair health is much better too.

@jemly I have gone silicone-free in the past.  For me, I liked my hair better with the silicone serum.  To each her own 🙂  

i've been super super loving the DEVACURL heaven-in-hair hydration treatment. i've used it both quickly in the shower as well as left in on for hours under a shower cap to just soak in. after i rinse it i still use a regular conditioner (devacurl one condition--which i also use as a leave-in). i've had 2 weeks of good hair days !

I've heard this does WONDERS! 

I recently purchased some new hair products (perhaps I mentioned).  I have tried it now, so wanted to leave a review.

I got the Josh Rosebrook Shampoo and Conditioner (Nourish Line - for normal to dry hair).

I use only sulphate free products on my hair - and this is quite good.  I isn't stripping, lathers a bit (some I own don't lather at all), and has a pleasant scent.

I bought the set from Detox Market.  I am happy with it all.  If you like something hydrating for the hair or deal with dehydrated hair....I do recommend this. 

Here is my recent hair "transformation". It doesn't look that dramatic, but it sure felt dramatic. I had my red hair for about 4 years. You can't really tell from the pictures, but my hair was about hip length, and now it feels so short!

comp.jpg

You look gorgeous in both pictures!  You look great as a red!  I would totally rock this if I could.

@ShannonAlexis You look amazing in both pics!

@ShannonAlexis i thought your red hair was so quintessentially YOU to me, but this darker hair makes your beauty truly otherworldly. i'm in awe.

@ShannonAlexis

I loved your red hair, love the new hair even more.  You look fabulous!

You are a beauty @ShannonAlexis

Your new colour looks very rich and chic!

Thank you! I told my hair dresser that I wanted to look like a sexy brownie haha

You nailed it!  Lol

Omg @ShannonAlexis!  Fabulous! I love the color - it's so rich looking - and very flattering on you too. And the length is very flattering, too. I know you probably feel like it's so short, but I'm sure you'll find you can do just as much with it as you used to, with a lot less effort. It's all so glossy and healthy looking. Love it! How do you feel about it?

Thank you @jozkid ! I am getting used to it. Sometimes I miss my ridiculous hair. But I love the color and am definitely enjoying the length. I can't sit on it or shut it in my car door anymore haha. It feels a lot healthier than it did before which is also nice. Mainly, I'm just happy that my eyebrows match my hair color a bit better.

Sometimes I feel sad because the red hair was the only thing I got compliments about from strangers. So now I feel like there's nothing special about me anymore. Which is more a self esteem issue than a hair issue

@ShannonAlexis Not special? I think not!  You're gorgeous girlfriend! No matter what your hair color.  I really liked your red hair but I think this one signals a new phase in your life. It looks more adult and sophisticated and chic. 

When I decided to let my hair go curly I suddenly started getting compliments on my gray hair of all things. How weird is that? I know you said your hair is naturally starting to turn silver. Now that is something I bet would be incredibly awesome!  For the next phase maybe?

11 Replies
testing