Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

THE HAIR THREAD

a thread to talk about your hair goals / experiments / fails / wins / products etc. consider this a RANDOM THOUGHTS: HAIR thread 🙂

when i joined BT years ago, i was at the beginning phases of growing out a shaved head, after a decade of cropped pixie cuts and avant garde styles as well as defying my natural texture. my hair is past my shoulders now, and am fully immersed in this world of hair care and styling that i had been absent from for so long. 

this thread can be about anything. thoughts, questions, anecdotes that you feel like sharing but for whatever reason don't want to start an independent thread about. cheers !

Re: THE HAIR THREAD

Wow, you have quite a hair journey! I love it though. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

Such fun hair! Your facial structure is very dynamic, hence anything goes. ❤️

I love every hair journey you go on ❤️

I might have to try to copy that pastel lavender at some point!!!

@heartsmyface - You wear so many different and unique hair colors well!  My favorite is probably a bright pink and you are wearing a matching bright pink lipstick.  I also like the...uh...mermaid? the fifth picture down.  Not just the hair color, but the eye color and lip color--it's a great picture!

@heartsmyface you literally look amazing with every single color! the steel blue-grey is my favorite, but i love the blonde too! these all suit you so well.

Slain. x__x All that sass and beauty and magical magnificence. I think my favorite was the silver-blue in the first photo... and that longer light pink in the second to last is a really, really good look on you.

I would go pink again.  It was so much fun!  

The silver blue is particularly amazing, and the ombre lip just takes the whole look to another level.

@heartsmyface, I'll be honest, the only photo I could remember with your brown hair was the infamous blue highlight photo, but I think that's reaching REALLY FAR BACK.

Your hair is always so magical, and you look like an elven princess with platinum blonde hair Heart 

Ha, I know exactly which one you're talking about!  There was the matching your makeup to your accessories thread! 

I am OBSESSED with you. Your hair is one of the first things that drew me in to BT two years ago. You're the most amazing rainbow pixie!

@heartsmyface I think my favorite is the powder blue. So unique and vibrant! 

I really think the grey was my favorite except if I didn't wear makeup to warm up my face I looked like death.  It got hard to wake up every morning looking at my death pallor.  <is that the right spelling?    

I remember the brown!!!! It seems so long ago! I love the gray color! That was my personal fave! You do color (all color) so well and your hair always looks so healthy! Are you going back to brown @heartsmyface?

RIght now I'm dying my roots a cool black and growing out the bleached hair in darker fantasy colors.  My natural color is still too blasé for me after all the fun stuff I've done.  Maybe eventually? I was thinking of a near back forest green mixed with straight up black for my next shade.  I'm really enjoying the darker hair.  It's much shinier:) 

I kept it healthy looking by soaking it in straight up coconut oil before shampooing.  I would also coat the ends in coconut oil when they started frizzing up.  It's probably the only reason my hair survived so much action! IMG_8757.JPG

gorgeous

I've got to say I'm all about the fantasy colours, I've had all trades of blues, pinks and purples.  But I really do like the dark brown, the one photo feels very Veronica Lodge esque.  I really like what your doing currently as well, though I'm loving all forms of blue at the moment.

Hair's a really interesting thing...

For like 99% of my life I've paid next to no attention to my hair.  I always thought of it as that thing that just got in my way.  

But in the past year or so having to deal with certain things in my personal life that have been out of my control, I found I started to make changes to my hair because that was one thing I could control.  

I started taking it shorter and shorter and I'm at the point now where I'm debating going Mia Farrow circa Rosemary's Baby short like so:

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 1.14.06 PM.png

or growing it back out to a bit of a messy chin length

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 1.15.33 PM.png

because I'm currently bored with the length it's at now.  

And at the beginning of the year I started dying it again, something I hadn't done in about 6 years and have been enjoying quite a lot.

Spoiler
IMG_0803.PNGIMG_0805.JPG

Every 6 or 7 weeks I've been changing the colour to suit my mood which has been a lot of fun 🙂  I've already picked out the next shade I want, but I think it would probably work better with the longer hair than the cropped cut :S

@Mochapj

Your current hair cut is one of my faves - it is very flattering.  

Grow it out so you can play more with color!

1 Reply
testing