cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

Synthetic Tape-Ins

Is there synthetic tape-in hair extensions available? I have some ethical issue with the regular extensions and am even more so grossed out by the wearing some poor person's hair aspect 😕

Anonymous Insider

Re: Synthetic Tape-Ins

The women and children sacrificing their hair are extremely poor yet see none of the money for their sacrifice. Their ignorance is getting taken advantage of by a big industry making lots of money off of the poorest people who see (and often know) none of it and I can't support that kind of exploitation no matter how the companies selling it try to spin it. The reason most hair comes from India is simply because exploitation = easy profits. That's it, the rest is all marketing. Synthetic hair is constantly improving and becoming more heat resistant so I'd rather support that industry than let the human hair industry continue as if that kind of system is a sustainable industry.

But even when I entertained the idea I thought that just because the hair is washed doesn't protect me from touching the protein for example that someone grew - as soon as the hair shaft is damaged in any way... As soon as I cut it or get a split end that's someone else's raw dna or whatever that I'm touching until I wash it. But even then just the thought of wearing someone else's (especially a stranger's) dna - clean or not - is gross to me. I don't think most people would wear someone else's nails just because they've been cleaned and for me personally this is no less gross, just one has been made acceptable by society and one hasn't. (Thank god for synthetic nails at least, lol.)

Anyway that's how I feel and I hope enough others so that the synthetic industry becomes more popular so it can improve to be even better than human hair (which is inevitable, eventually).

🙂

Look for Indian hair, most is ethically sourced- it's donated by women at their temple, basically as a tithe.  The temple then sells it (the women know this when they donate) and it's sold to raise money for their temple.  

All human hair is sanitized and no companies accept returns or exchanges on open boxes.

Anonymous Insider

Yes im currently in canada but also frequently in the US...

I watched a documentary about that - its pretty sad.

Are you located in Canada or US? that'll be relevant to finding an answer for you.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing