jozkid

Switching it up... Let's share hair product obsessions!

OK, I did a search and it's been a while since we've played this particular game. If you're anything like me, you've suffered some bruised toes in the shower from too many hair products raining down on you. We've come clean on makeup, now it's time to share our hair product obsessions. Keeping it simple, list your favorite shampoo, conditioner, treatment, styling product, and hair tool. If you feel like adding more, go for it!

Me: Shoulder-length wavy hair (fine, but lots of it) with some grays, non-treated, normal condition

Shampoo: Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo

Conditioner: Biosilk Silk Therapy Conditioner

Treatment: Chi Infra Treatment (Daily Thermal Protecting Treatment)

Styling product: KMS Hair Stay gel

Tool: BioIonic Powerlight Dryer (best darn cold-shot button I ever had)

chelssss

Re: Switching it up... Let's share hair product obsessions!

Me: mid- back length hair, SUPER thick, naturally curly, color- treated, few broken hairs from using heat everyday without a protectant (OOPS)

Shampoo: Oddly enough when I wear my hair curly my HG is the Suave Almond and shea butter…this stuff is great for my hair. When I wear it straight, I love the AG tech two shampoo- it does not make my hair greasy a few days after washing. Some days I will use the Suave as well. Both are awesome and the AG smell like the Australian Gold tanning lotion :smileyhappy:

Conditioner - Ion effective hair treatment from Sally's- that stuff is my *blank*

Treatment- I agree with the OP the Chi infra treatment is my HG since I use heat so much. LOVE IT and would recommend it to anyone!

Styling product: Bumble and Bumble bbstraight blow dry creme.  I apply a little to the ends and use a brush and my hair is almost perfectly straight after blow drink!

Tool: Argan one-n-only straightner

I will ask for a suggestion. I straighten my hair 4 out of 7 days a week, so I need a good straightener. I am bad at purchasing a LOT of them but never return the ones I like. So far I have the argan one n only, babyliss titanium, FHI, CHI, and a T3 ( I really need to return this one with the price tag it carries with it). None of them I like. What are you favorite ones that don't tug at your hair??? 

dziggi

Hair: Long naturally wavy hair with long layers. Fine hair but lots of it. Bleached & colored to blonde. Not too damaged for being chemically treated.

Shampoo & Conditioner: Still in search of my HGs

Treatment: Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave In Treatment & Coconut Oil

Styling Product: I love Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray when I'm super lazy

Tool: Don't use much heat on my hair, I love my Mason Pearson Hair Brush

LaiceeB18

[ Edited ]

Me: I'm growing out from an Emma crop cut. (I was so close to a bob when I decided hey I'm tired of this lets just chop it all off again...) So I'd say it's fine but I have a lot. Also I can't say it's straight wavy or curly because it's not. It's seriously a hot mess. I have colored before but since I am growing out I'm trying to be as nice to it as possible which at the moment means I avoid heat at all cost which is... unfortunate. And when I do want heat or any sort I use heat protectant (No HG)

I switch up my hair products so much that I don't have a HG of anything except a curling iron. (This is how life rolls for my... I need more HG!! *curls up*

So right now I've just been using Pantene Nature Fusion or something along those lines. Enable me for nice shampoo conditioner that is like... nourishing and good for hair?? :smileyvery-happy: (I have problems with sulfate free though... at least the ones I have tried)

DSCN0152.JPG

I know I just got it buuut.... I can already say I'm in love with it <3

dziggi

Woah. They changed the packaging on this! Looks a lot more practical than the old one. I need to get mine out, I haven't used it in ages!

LaiceeB18

[ Edited ]

Wanna add that I do like my macadamia oil hair mask (by Organix). Next time I might try the legit Macadamia brand just to see if there is really a difference between the two. :smileytongue: 

jozkid

Seriously, Laicee, I really love the CHI infra treatment. I use it every day and blow dry my hair every day and my hair never seems to get weighed down by it. I think it's made a real difference. My hair seems bouncier now and curls better with my round brushes. It can be a little pricey, so try a small bottle first to see if it works for you. I really like the Biosilk products, too. I think they're made by the same company as CHI. Can't say if they're sulfate-free, though.

LaiceeB18

I will definitely look into them :smileyhappy: 

kittycarlisle

Me: I have fine colour treated hair that's past my shoulders. I am a hair product butterfly. I love to buy them and use them.

Shampoo: I alternate between Aveda Color Conserve, Living Proof and the Alterna Caviar shampoos.

Conditioner: Same as above

Treatment: Alterna Caviar Repair Micro Bead Masque. It has beads that pop as you put it on (I'm shallow!) I also like the 3 min shine treatment they have.

Styling product: Living Proof Perfect Hair day and Alterna Caviar blowout

Tool: T3 body waver - makes it look like I have great blowout skills!

sparklekai

Me: fine curly hair about mid-back length...brown hair with the under layer dyed blue :smileyhappy:

Shampoo: alternate between devacurl no poo cleanser and goldwell elumen shampoo
Conditioner: devacurl one condition

Treatment:alternate between heaven in hair and goldwell elumen intensive care

Styling product: devacurl ultra defining gel

finishing product:  devacurl set it free
Tool: rarely used but if i do, blowdryer with diffuser

lyndsey

(0) Hearts

Oh, I really want to do a blue underlayer! 

sparklekai

(0) Hearts

i loveeee it!!! it's kinda subtle so i can get away with it at work and it's not in your *WHAM blue hair in yo face * but it's fun!!!

rachallen

My hair is baby fine, soft and thin, so the less products, usually the better, because it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it look flat/greasy.

Shampoo- Kerastase (green bottle...meant for fine hair)

Conditioner- None, but I do use Aveda's volume conditioner about once a week

Styling Product- Living Proof Thickening Cream

Tried- Josie Aragon Oil- hated it...not for my greasy/fine hair

Aveda Infiniti- Loved it, thinking about getting this when my Kerastase runs out

Lush BIG- Bought but haven't tried. I heard it strips color and I have highlights....

gongju87

my hair: long...like about mid way down my back. Wavy, thick...just bleh if I don't do anything with it.

style: I tend to curl it everyday

Products: I LOVE Perfect hair day by living proof, as well as thier root lifting spray. I also love Agave oil...non-greasy but smooths the hair shaft very well. I could do without the smell, but it dissapates quick enough!

Urbie

Me: Elbow length straight hair with a leetle bit of wave/body, very healthy

Shampoo: Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
Conditioner: Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner
Treatment: Ojon Rare Blend Deep Conditioner
Styling product: usually none, I don't really style my hair
Tool: usually none, I don't style my hair

jasminee

[ Edited ]

My hair: goes down to mid-back (pretty long), thin, dry, curly/wavy (I feel like mine's a little confused, it doesn't know what to be... some parts are curly, others are wavy)

shampoo: Phytolium by Phyto Paris (strengthening treatment shampoo for thinning hair)

sleekhair_2271_739542287.jpeg

conditioner: Phytobaume by Phyto Paris (express conditioner for fine hair)

2_12_2_5.jpg

treatment: Bamboo smooth pure kendi treatment oil by Alterna, and Pure coconut oil

41KY2Cgp1YL._SY300_.jpg1779343829_1372556171.jpg

styling product: Bamboo smooth kendi oil dry mist by Alterna, and Bamboo smooth kendo oil micro mist by Alterna

alterna-dry-oil-mist.jpgalt_micromist_800.jpg

heat protectant: Bamboo smooth anti-breakage thermal protectant spray by Alterna

alterna-bamboo-anti-breakage-thermal-protectant-spray.jpg

hair tool: Amika 4P interchangeable barrel curler set

img-thing.jpg

These are my HG hair products and tools!

michmo

Right now my hair is just above my shoulders.  I have naturally curly hair.  

Shampoo--DevaCurl No-poo

Conditioner--DevaCurl One Condition

Styling Product--DevaCurl Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam

This combo works great for my hair.  It took a while to find the right styling product, but this one is definitely a good one for my curls.  

jozkid

(0) Hearts

You know, my hair is actually kind of hard to pin down (not literally!). I blow it out daily, but if I let it go I get curls now. Not waves — spirally curls. It never used to be like this. This is all since I've gotten older. I don't now if the grays are to blame or what. It's kind of nice to see what the curly girls are using, because I don't really know how to handle my hair like this. I've used some Ouidad products to help enhance the curl, and they do work, but while my hair looks shiny when I blow dry, it looks dull when I let the curls go.

Manda

It is a big no no to blowdry curly hair without a finger diffuser. Also, when you do dry curly hair, only dry it up to 80% and let the rest airdry otherwise, you hair will be prone to frizz. You also shouldn't touch your hair until it is completely dry as well.

jozkid

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info, Manda! I do have a diffuser that I use when I try to let it go curly (and don't want to wait for it to completely air dry). Maybe I futz with it too much while it's airdrying.... Hmmmm. Will have to play with it some weekend when I'm just at home.

mberteig

I have naturally curly hair, super curly, it is between short to medium length and is dyed.  It is dry, coarse and thick.  It can get frizzy.  I useL

Shampoo/conditioner:  I use products for color-treated hair, I switch them up from time to time, right now I am using Pantene.

Deep conditioning (once or twice a week): Pantene color treatment or Phyto mask

Treatment:  Keune Curl Enhancer, Pantene BB cream for hair, Phyto leave in conditioner (I don't use all of these, just one or two at a time)

Styling:  I used to use mousse, but find it kind of drying, so have recently stopped

Tool:  Hair dryer with diffuser (so the curls don't get blown out), flatiron (I straighten my bangs)

Finishing:  Keune Power Paste, Alterna Kendi oil dry mist (I use this for shine)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 40 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • jasminee
    • Manda
    • lyndsey
    • ivyxox
    • chelssss