Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Show me your curls!

So the older I get, the more I embrace my curls. Or maybe it's laziness, lol. In any case, I have found that there is one unique situation that helps me have what I call a good hair day. Rain. But only about 20 seconds of drizzle - such as the amount of time it takes to run to one's car. More than that and it's a frizzy mess. So yeah, about twice a year it works out. 

What products and techniques help you get your "best" curls?

Besides today's rain, I used Wen as a leave in, along with some of the Wen replenishing spray. My main styling product is Curls Rock. Once I apply the product, I grab tiny sections of my wet hair and swirl/wrap around my finger, mostly around my face. I then use my Chi hair dryer and an inexpensive no-name diffuser from Sally's Beauty Supply to somewhat dry my hair. Once the curls are mostly formed, I flip my head upside down and basically massage my scalp to give some body to my roots. I can't mess with it too much or I'll end up frizzy with tons of fly-aways, but if I don't do some manipulating, I'll end up with "crunchy" curls. 

image.jpg

Re: Show me your curls!

Oooh! It's cute!

Update on the Curlipops, I forgot that my hair had so much body. I used it yesterday along with large amounts of the Ultra Styling Gel. The curls have returned and I will have to figure out how to tone down the volume. Thank you for posting this dryer GPL.

And I'm always looking to amp up the volume!

Thanks for the update Loretta55!  I've been considering it since GPL posted about it and I'm glad to hear other good reviews!

I got mine at Ulta during the 3x point event. I highly recommend it. 

My hair is super fine too, have you tried Kiehl's formula 331? Technically it's a grooming aid, but it has a bunch of protein and doesn't weight my hair down at all, and doesn't feel greasy even the second/third days.

I have not. I will check it out, though.

Anonymous Insider

Here's two different pictures of my curls, nit tge same day. PhotoGrid_1444587716830.jpg

Oh wow! Such beautiful curls! And on the photo on the right, you are radiant with that smile! 

Your hair is just gorgeous!

Anonymous Insider

Thank you, it took a long time for me to accepted my curls. I straightened my hair a ton in highschool.  

What products do you use on your hair?

Anonymous Insider

Left picture I used : 

Acure Moroccan Oil Shampoo and conditioner

Deva curl  frizz free volumizing foam

Deva curl flexible hold hair spray

Deva curl set it free.

Right picture :

Giovanni tripple treat tea tree shampoo

Earth's nector coconut curls conditioner 

Devacurl one condition 

Devacurl styling cream 

Your curls look so perfect in the left picture. Not knocking the pic on right, I just can't see them as well. Whatever you're doing, it's working!

Anonymous Insider

Left definitely looks better, it's the devacurl set it free. I need to buy it again. It was also really windy the day of the right picture. 

Never brush curly hair when it's dry always get it damp while brushing using a vent brush 

image.jpg

I need to find this one pic I have of my hair brushed out while dry, just before having my hair colored. It is AWESOME! About the size of a house! 😜

Found it!!

image.jpg

LOL that's me too!!! It took me most of my life to figure out to brush my hair out using water and a vent brush.

Then I put a little non sticky watered down hair balm and a little foam mousse (I use Schwarzkopf color save colored ends and Grip mousse)

10371394_401579069979972_2222752365865676377_n.jpg

I love your avatar name!!  And your curls. :). 

What products do you like to use?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • IMG_20140606_184607.jpg
  • wAVES.jpg
  • Photo May 08, 8 57 03 PM.jpg
  • curly!.JPG
  • image.jpg
  • curls.jpg