Manda

Share your hair tips and tricks

I thought this would be a good idea for people who might want to learn a few things when dealing with hair.

My tip:

Do an apple vinegar rinse to help with the prevention of frizz as well as create shiny hair.  This is especially good for women and men who have curly hair.  Add a teaspoon of apple vinegar to a cup of water.  Wash and condition your hair.  Leave conditioner in your hair when pouring on the apple vinegar mixture. Leave it sit in your hair for a couple fo minutes before rinsing completely.  

mayg11

Re: Share your hair tips and tricks

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

definately figure out if you are warm toned or cooled toned before jumping in to a new dye to avoid looking harsh or washed out.

rosenapualei

As for products, Alterna's Bamboo Kendi Oil Treatment is to die for...it makes my hair sooo soft and shiny and frizz-free and lightweight and voluminous and to top it all off it smells better than any hair product/shampoo/whatever that I have ever used. I swear that it's made by Jesus or something....so good!

And as for homemade remedies....I usually don't do very many DIY treatments or anything like that, but I would say that if you're in a rush and haven't washed your hair and it's reeeeally greasy (ew! :smileysad: ), use baby powder! All these dry shampoos and stuff...total waste of money if you ask me...unless you despise the scent of baby powder, that is. 

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

rosenapualei

Oh yeah, and when you're buying shampoo and conditioners, make sure they're sulfate free! It really makes a difference in your hair's health. Sulfate products in shampoo dry out your hair and strip it of it's natural and essential oils. My suggestion that I currently use is Enjoy's Hydrating Sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. It smells yummy and makes my hair beautiful.

beautylover1229

Great tip! I'll have to try this soon. By putting a dab of lotion in your hair, you can greatly reduce the amount of frizz in your hair. Be careful though. If you use too much, your hair will look greasy!

pocketvenus

I have straight hair and I like an apple cidar vinegar rinse that's part vinegar and part peppermint tea. The smell is not pleasant but it leaves the hair incredibly soft.

ginadepaul

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If you are concerned about chemicals and product build up, I know a organic conditioner sold at the beauty place that does wonders.  Also, oil doesnt mean it will be make your hair more oily. It nourishes.

dresstodazzlexo

Hey! :smileyhappy:

For shiny, strong, soft, frizz-free hair, mix 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 teaspoon of almond oil, & 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt. Apply this to your hair & let it sit for at least half an hour. Then, rinse & style as you usually would!

xoxo,

Danielle

jennigui

(0) Hearts

I love bumble and bumble's brilliantine.  It gives a soft, non sticky shine to hair.

laughalittle

I have had a problem with frizz and I was TERRIFIED to put olive oil in my hair because I am one of those people who is scared of greasy hair..........BUT.......... I have founda product called Marracon oil.  it is simply amazing No frizz No fly away and it is a Heat proctectant aswell!

You can buy it at any salon :smileyvery-happy:

kamira

(0) Hearts

Oooo. that sounds wonderful!  I'll have to try that!

Another thing you can try if you just want an oil is Coconut Oil.   I have A LOT of hair but it is the strands are thin and olive oil drowns out my hair.  But coconut oil is extremely light, melts at the touch of your hand, AND it provide a beautiful shine.  I love it!

angiepie

(0) Hearts
Hello Kamira! I am interested in using CoconutOil on MyHair soon. I know it is Amazing for MySkin and has provided MySkin with Awesome Moisture. When applying CocnutOil to Hair, dry Hair, wet Hair or either? Rinse then? Or leave? I want to be Sure before trying several ways and having to Wash and Condition twice. Unless used Conditioning after Shampoo rinsing. Like I said, CoconutOil is Great as a Moisturizer, Helping to Heal and soothe dry Skin Great! Another Beauty DIY, I use is OliveOil Pure I use on Hands, Nails and Cuticles and it is Pure, Cheap, has many uses and most people have already. I suggest going to WholeFoods or a Health Store that sells EssentialOils and find Travel Section and purchase a Medicine Dropper. I bought a Blue Glass Medicine Dropper Bottle 1.5 ounces for $2.99 maybe, put OliveOil in and I carry in MyBag. Apply OliveOil to Cuticles, massage in for about 40 seconds each Nail/Cuticle and the next Day looks and feels like I was at Salon. ThankYou for the CoconutOil Hair idea, I am excited to try soon after I know how to apply without looking and feeling greasy. ;-) HappyHolidays!! AngieB.
kuhluabear

Try putting mayonaise on your hair then covering with a shower cap and leaving it on overnight.  Has both protein and oil to replenish your hair and scalp.  Wash thoroughly.

Another idea for winter when the air is dry; did you know you can clean your hair using only conditioner?  An inexpensive one that rinse out will do.  Nice to do once a week.  Winter is harsh on the hair - try washing less often, brushing to distribute the oil evenly, and wearing hats and scarves to protect it and look good when your hair might not be at its best.

Manda

You need to watch out for the washing with the conditioner only because if the product have silicones that are not water soluable, it WILL cause product buildup.

calgirl101

Oooh good trick! My friend swears by the olive oil treatment...but what's your take on it? Maybe I'm silly for thinking this; but the thought of putting MORE oil into my hair kinda grosses me out.

Manda

I've heard people using olive oil in their hair (mainly those with curly hair) and they seem to like it.  i prefer Argan oil though.  Take a couple drops, rub them in your hair and spread it throughout your hair.  Helps to soften it and provide moisture.  Honey is another good thing for moisture as well.  I should look up some of these things for you guys and post them up.

projill

Great tip!  I always love learning what people do to amp up their beauty routine.  I will definitely be trying this soon (and I actually have apple cider vinegar in my pantry!) :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for sharing!  Keep them coming :smileywink:

xoxo

Jill

thecaramelapple

(0) Hearts

For easy hair maintence invest in a good leave in spray that protects hair from heat and environmental challenges as well as split ends and things like that. That way, it won't feel like you have anything in your hair yet it is completely moisturized. I have thick hair with some curl to it and always get compliments on how my hair is so long and shiny. Honestly my hair routine is super low maintenence. I invest in good shampoos and conditioners and that makes a huge difference. But as for styling products I only use spray leave in conditioner. KMS California one is amazing and so is the one by Kenra and Sola I think it is? Amazing. Changed my hair. That and I do deep treatments once every two weeks. Along with sulfate free shampoos.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • angiepie
    • pocketvenus
    • thecaramelapple
    • Manda
    • rosenapualei
    • projill