lecia1167

Shampoos enriched with oils?

Hey BT ladies!

I received a sample of Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil Shampoo from Ulta, and I really liked it. My hair is natural (I color it but I don't chemically straighten my hair), and it's really thick. After I washed my hair with this, it was so soft and it had such cute little curls all over my head. But most importantly, my hair didn't feel so stripped. It felt clean but really soft. Has anyone else used a shampoo with oil in it? I think they will work well with hair that tends to get frizzy and is thick. And it seems to do a great job of repairing hair. My hair is healthy, but it really felt uber-healthy after I used this to wash it.

316RY9x4RsL._SY300_.jpg

mssarahh

Re: Shampoos enriched with oils?

(0) Hearts

have you tried pre-rinsing your hair before you shower?
my friend in cosmetology school suggested i try it and it does wonders!
get a jar of coconut oil from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's or something, and work the oil into your dry hair. throw a shower cap over your hair and blow dry over the cap so it starts to warm the oil and your hair. leave the cap on for about 20-30mins and then just wash your hair as you usually do...
you'll see a huge improvement in the texture and color of your hair in just 3 days.

H216

(0) Hearts

I got this sample too but haven't tried it yet. after reading all these posts I'm intrigued and wondering if I should just buy full size since today is last day for triple points! 

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I bought 6! I got my sister to try it, and she loves it as much as I do. I actually just tried shampooing without condition because my mouth was in so much pain from a wisdom tooth extraction, I wanted to just sleep so I risked it and skipped the conditioner, my hair was just as silky soft. I have bleached my hair twice within a week, and used this stuff to save my hair. No breakage, no frying and no visible damage to my hair.

Shrewdle

(0) Hearts

Hi lecia1167, I don't use any shampoos containing oils, but I do mix some extra virgin olive oil into my shampoos for every other wash. It's really worked for my naturally thick hair (my hair is straight). I haven't tried the Matrix shampoo, but I've tried the Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo that someone mentioned in an earlier comment...I liked it, but felt that I really couldn't justify the price, because the olive oil method worked just as well for me personally!! I guess I am cheap, haha. 

dahlianoir

(0) Hearts

I bought the 2 huge bottle of that Matrix shampoo, and kind of wish it didn't. I usually go 3 days with not washing my hair (I don't like my black hair fading to yucky brown), and with this shampoo I can only go 1 day not washing it. :/ 

Now I don't know what to do with them, and I don't have my Ulta receipt. Blah! I need to find a good shampoo and conditioner. 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

do you still condition your hair after  using it or does this shampoo allow you to skip the conditioning process?

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

I do! I used the Matrix conditioner that goes with this, and I leave it on my hair for like 30 minutes and rinse it out. My hair is really soft afterward. I have never had shampoo and conditioner make my hair feel like this does.

weeeeweeeeeee

Just using the shampoo, my hair felt a little on the "squeaky" side, so I would definitely follow up with the conditioner.

weeeeweeeeeee

I got these samples as well and I absolutely adore this shampoo and conditioner set! I love leaving the conditioner in for at least 5 minutes before I rinse with lukewarm/cool water.

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I also got this as a sample set and loved it! My hair gets oily at the roots, but dry at the ends. This made the perfect balance.

weeeeweeeeeee

AND I have tried using a one minute oil treatment for my hair. That was my first ever oil product for my hair, but it did not feel oily at all, it felt like a silky conditioner that you run through your hair after shampoo and conditioner, it is like a rinse off hair mask.. My hair was so soft and silky afterwards!

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

That's how I felt! Not oily at all. Just super soft.

poemelyric

I got the samples as well from Ulta and I loved it so much that I bought the biggest bottles of both the shampoo and conditioner.  My hair is natural too (very curly and thick although I do dye it) and it works miracles.  I also tried Carols Daughter's Monoi oil and I loved that too but I love Exquisie Oil.  They sell it on Fragrance since Ulta doesn't sell it online yet.  I got the huge shampoo and conditioner for $23 (I think the shampoo was cheaper).

lecia1167

I dye mine, too. I'll be getting the large bottles of both next time I'm in Ulta!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • jellybean917
    • tashalicious
    • lecia1167
    • dahlianoir