Answer
toshiko
Accepted Solution
Shampoo and Conditioner for semi dry and damaged hair.
(0) Hearts

Hi,

I have long hair with fine strands and it's thick. I blow dry it straight and follow with a flat iron on a regular basis. I always use a heat guard (i use CHI 44 Iron Guard before blow dry, and before flar ironing), do a hot-oil treatment weekly, and put my normal conditioner on dry hair, and then sleep with it over night, but I still have problems with my hair lacking volume and shine. I use Biosilk on my hair before and after heat styling, and that takes care of the shine part, but i want more volume and to repair and put moisture back into my hair. I don't have too much problem with damage, just some dry, split ends. Any suggestions? thanks.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
vnessy
Answered

Don't blow dry your hair. Let it air dry. Your hair will thank you, and you will be happy when you see the electricity bill! Never comb your hair when it is wet, your hair is at it's weakest at that stage. After it is air dry, gently use a comb (boar bristles) to comb it out. Boar Bristles are natural and very good for your hair. Also, dont' flat iron your hair every day. Curly/Wavy hair is very beautiful and I envy people with hair like that (I have pin straight hair). For the split ends, get it trimmed (about 1 cm) so your hair is able to grow. If you don't, it's just going to damage your hair and it won't grow luscious, etc. PLEASE don't waste all of your money on high-end products that states their products will work. Trust me, my mom has tried them all, and they did NOT work at all! Eat more foods that contain Vitamin E. There are also Vitamin E supplements out there, but don't overeat, as there are side-effects. 

Hope this helps!!!

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • vnessy
    • toshiko