LadyDragonfire

Shampoo Suggestions for oily hair

This probably sounds like a silly question, but I was just wondering if anyone here has found a shampoo (and/or maybe conditioner or 2 in 1 combo) that they find works particularly well on oily hair? I used to dye and highlight my hair for years and the whole time it was coloured, my main problem was that my hair was always dry and damaged and needed really good conditioning treatments. In recent years though, I stopped colouring my hair and let all my natural hair grow out again. This probably sounds really funny, but I completely forgot how my hair is actually naturally quite oily. I have been using Pantene "Classic Clean" shampoo, which I think is supposed to be for "all hair types." Since I've been using that, I had to stop using conditioner (because I found I didn't need it anymore) and my hair has been getting incredibly oily very fast. So, I've been thinking of switching to a different shampoo, but I'm not sure which would be best. Does anyone have any suggestions? (And BTW, I'm not necessarily looking for a volumizing, smoothing or frizz control shampoo although if you know of one that works amazingly well on oilier hair types you can let me know. But the shampoo doesn't HAVE to be a "special" shampoo.)

lmi82

Re: Shampoo Suggestions for oily hair

[ Edited ]

I have very oily hair and the best shampoo and conditioner I've used so far is the Prive Daily Shampoo and Daily Conditioner. The shampoo has very little build-up, smells nice, and makes my hair shiny. The conditioner is lightweight, but still give the right amount of moisture. It smells really nice as well.

Since you do have oily hair, you should use a clarifying cleanser a couple times a month or just once if your hair isn't really really oily. This deep cleanses your hair and gets rid of any product build-up, oil, residue, and dullness. It just gives your hair a fresh start and restores shine. I use Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. It gets the job done and it isn't too harsh. 

I also suggest finding a nice dry shampoo, so you can get rid of some oil while not having to constantly washing your hair. Prive makes one as well.

Prive Daily Shampoo:

cprodimage1.php.jpg

Prive Daily Conditioner:

cprodimage.php.jpg

Prive Volumizing Dry Shampoo:

cprodimage2.php.jpg

Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo:

svh-22oz-sh-clarifying_pair137-55361.png

Suave image taken from suave dot com.

All Prive product images taken from priveproducts dot com.

kittichick

Every hair stylist I've ever met has said that Pantene is terrible for your hair.

My hair is pretty oily, too. Not as oily as I once thought, though. I used to use a clarifying shampoo (Herbal Essences or Neutrogena), but that's just way too harsh. Now I usually wash it every other day with a reasonably gentle shampoo (my stand-by is Dove but I'll use Ojon and the like here and there) with a good conditioner.

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

To be honest , I've never felt like my hair was oily unless I hadn't showered in 3 days. I take showers every day, maybe let pass one day on the weekend but I can't stand feeling dirty. And to those who wash their hair two times a week,  how can you stand it?!   My advice to you is just don't use the one that makes your hair fell oily, it can get better because maybe that shampoo is causing it.  The shampoo I use are.. 

- Paul Mitchell Smoothing ( this made my hair really soft at first, but then I couldn't notice the difference at all)

- Herbal Essence Hello Hydration ( this one smells nice but it doesn't stay too long)

hope I helped c:

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Try Biolage Scalptherapie line it's made to control oiliness.

Clakent

(0) Hearts

Try pro naturals argan oil shampoo and conditioner, but use the conditioner on the ends only. It's hydrating but cleansing, I use it on my hair which is oily at the roots and dry at the ends.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • lmi82
    • LadyDragonfire
    • kittichick
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • Clakent
    • GothGirl00