MJAR

Shampoo/Conditioner for Color Treated hair

(0) Hearts

So I have very thin fine hair that gets colored blonde about every 3-4 months. I am looking for a shampoo/conditioner that will protect my color and restore shine/life to my hair without weighing it down. My hair is so fine its hard enouh to get volume that last one day so I am never for anything too moisturizing.

Does anyone have similar hair and a product they cant live without? I don't mind spending money, but I also cannot feasible spend like $30 on 8 ounces of shampoo because I have hair down to the middle of my back! 

Thanks in advance!

valentinamia

Re: Shampoo/Conditioner for Color Treated hair

(0) Hearts

I also have color-treated, fine hair with absolutely no volume... With that being said, my favorite shampoo/conditioner that I use is the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger line, which does not weigh my hair down at all, and it does give it a really nice shine. It's also  sulfate-free so it won't hurt your color! If you don't want to spend money on the whole line, their Keratin Intensive Hair Treatment is amazing and using it just once a week makes a world of difference! You expressed not wanting to break the bank of products, but I thought I should bring up the Pureology Essential Repair line anways, because it's absolutely just the best, though it is on the pricier side, unfortunately...  Anywho, hope this helped and happy hunting to you!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Although it's not sold at Sephora, I can't live without Aveda Color Conserve. It's spendy, but a little bit goes a long way.  I buy the 1L bottles and the shampoo lasts over a year, and the conditioner 6-8 months.

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi MJAR,

Great tips and suggestions you have! I'd actually suggest you try a lighweight UV protectant spray as well to keep your hair less dry and protect the color from fading-I use one since my hair is dyed dark now and so I can keep the color staying fresh and glossy.

I honestly like the sprays better because they are less "weighty" than a cream or serum can be and they give a super light finish. You can try a few we have on our site or even look around for different UV protecting mists. :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

(0) Hearts

For starters, I'm in love with Phyto's PhytoCitrus Color Mask, it's a specialty conditioning mask meant only for use directly after color treating/processing for the first week of washing to help lock in and keep luster in your hair. After the first week of use, store it away until the next time you color/touch up. It's a life saver and really helps seal in color!

Since your hair is fine, try to apply conditioner starting at the ends of your hair first, then movin upward to midshaft and barely applying product to the roots. Avoid direct application there as that will add weight and bogg down your hair.  You can even mix your conditioner with some water in a spray bottle and mist it into your hair or use a wide toothed comb to distribute product as a wide toothed comb doesn't add as much stress to your locks.

Pureology, Redken, AG, and Alterna make some great products for color treated and blonde specific hair.

Try using a color protecting shampoo at the bare minimum, and if most conditioners are too heavy, skip rinse out ones that are creamy and opt for a light weight leave-in spray after like Clear Moisture Prep from Redken as an altnerative.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • lylysa
    • MJAR
    • starletta8
    • valentinamia