Answer
calgirl101
Second day waves/ curls
Hii! My hair is naturally wavy with a few little ringlets throw in too. I get partial highlights in the winter, to keep my natural blonde hair bright. In the colder months with less humidity, I blow it out and sometimes straighten but between May and October, I always let it air dry naturally. After I sleep though, my hair becomes matted and messy in a not nice way, but I don't want to wash my hair everyday and dry It out! Are there any products to revitalize my waves and perk up my hair?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
eastakrongirl
Answered
[ Edited ]

I have a similar hair type, but brunette:smileywink: What I do is spray my hair with the ouidad mist noted below & some of the BB surf spray (not too much or my hair gets crunchy, yuck)  then roll my hair into a sock bun while I sleep. When I wake I take my hair down & apply an anti-frizz product and my hair is soft & curly!  If you're not familiar with the sock-bun technique for curls you will love it! Cuts 20 minutes out my morning routine!!!

Sock bun curls:

1. Cut the toe off a man's dress sock & roll into a donut
  2. Spritz hair w/ products mentioned above until slightly damp
  3. Pull hair into a high ponytail at the crown
  4. Use the sock like a ponytail holder, but slide to ends of the pony, tuck the ends under & begin rolling down until you have a sock bun at your crown
  5. Clamp in place (I use the T3 butterfly clips)
  6. Go to sleep & wake up with beautiful curls/waves!

You can check out videos of the process on you tube. Hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • eastakrongirl
    • melissabt
    • calgirl101
    • elizbeth1972
    • prosheranda