Answer
jessica223344
Accepted Solution
Scalp sunburn
I have a sunburn on my scalp. What product should I apply to my painful, red, sunburned scalp?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
dianabt
Answered

Hi jessica,

Oh no, I had the SAME thing a few weeks ago! I spent too long in the sun and not only did my hair color fade to a hideous orange washed out color but my scalp was red and flaking! I washed my hair with a gentle shampoo with some mint in it to help cool and soothe my scalp, but also applied a sun protecting shield and aloe spray to it. I think you may be able to find some basic ones in your local drug type store,

Try a soothing UV protecting mist or mask as well which can help to hydrate the hair but also to soothe the scalp a bit. There isn't TOO much you can do but try to keep your head feeling comfortable with an updo, don't brush your hair too hard, and keep the hair hydrated with a hair repair serum. Andre Walker, Alterna and Josie Maran have some amazing sprays and serums to try!

Andre Walker Hair - Q-Oil Quench Essential Oil ALTERNA - Summer Hair Sun-Kissed Mist Josie Maran - Argan Oil Hair Serum

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Answers: 3
makeupobesessed
Answered
Ouch, that hurts! I've done the same thing, pulling my hair back and forgetting to SPF the small spot exposed on my head...especially after i lather my face like crazy. I have an aloe plant that I tear off a piece and rub that on the places I missed on my scalp. It's hard to find 100% aloe, but it makes a huge difference.
projulie
Answered

Hi,

Sounds painful and I hope it heals quickly. You may want to try Korres Yoghurt Cooling Gel.

Korres - Yoghurt Cooling Gelhttp://www.sephora.com/yoghurt-cooling-gel-P96603?skuId=924225

I have seen numerous people try this product on their face and body and instantly their skin is less red and irritated. Because your sunburn is on your scalp I would recommend trying this at night and then rinsing it out in the morning.

Hope that helps.

melissabt
Answered

Hi Jessica223344,

I agree with Diana. The best thing you can do right now for it is to avoid the sun! I know how you feel:smileysad: it is sooo painful. In the meantime, try using a sulfate shampoo like the Carols Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo. It contains soothing oats and is extremely gentle on the scalp and hair.

Carol's Daughter - Monoi Repairing Shampoo

Also, remember to keep your hair and scalp extra hydrated to prevent flaking and dryness.

Monoi Repairing Hair Mask

Carol's Daughter - Monoi Repairing Hair Mask

<3 Melissa
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 14 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • makeupobesessed
    • lazylaney2
    • jessica223344