zxcvictoria

Rose Gold Hair

Hi! I'm dying my hair rose gold, and I'm having a hard time finding a shampoo/conditioner/treatments that won't fade the color. It's such a pretty color and I want to preserve it as much as I can! Does anyone know of any? Thanks for all your help :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Re: Rose Gold Hair

(0) Hearts

Phyto's PhytoCitrus Color Protect Mask is brilliant! It can be used with any shade of color treated hair and is a deep conditioning and color locking mask used within the first 2 weeks after color which can often time be the most crucial. After the two weeks of use are us, store it away for the next time you color and swap to a color preserving or enhancing conditioner.

Redken's Blonde Glam line is sulfate free as to not strip or fade hair and helps boost blonde tones. There's also their Rich Vanilla enhancer which is also a color depositing treatment to amp up shine and help prolong the gleam of your color.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Oooo, I'm getting rose gold low lights very soon. I talked to my colorist about it, since I use a purple shampoo once a week to keep my blonde looking nice (more than that & looks too faded). 

I already use sulfate free shampoo & alternate between different brands and formulas. Sometimes it's a co-wash like deva curl no-poo, other times I need more moisture & use Alterna or living proof, but I always keep the cheap Giovanni found at target in my shower. I also use an apple cider vinegar rinse every other week to keep my scalp happy & get rid of buildup. I find co-washing & sulfate free shampoos don't always do the best job at getting out grime. I don't use a lot of products, and only wash my hair about 2x a week, but I still get buildup. 

She said the pink/rose gold shouldn't fade too much with what I'm already using. I could always throw in a glaze once a month to add shine. The biggest culprit for fading hair color is sulfate, so if you eliminate that you should be on the right track. 

zxcvictoria

(0) Hearts

thanks! could you tell me what kind of brands?

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Deva curl no-poo (even though I have straight hair, it's really thick, so I find products meant for curly hair, works well for me) 

Alterna & Living Proof

Giovanni- found at target, inexpensive, has a dry hair formula

Redken Blonde Glam- my purple shampoo, has SLS, but I only use it once a week or once every 2 weeks (only wash 2x a week) 

When I want to try a new shampoo, I usually try to find trial sizes and use those before I decide to purchase it. 

As for a glaze, call your colorist and ask what color toner you should use, then go to Sally's & purchase it yourself. Every hair & color is different, but I like to use a glaze 1x a month. 

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

It sounds a bit strange....but.... WEN ! The WEN system ( shampoo/conditioner) is 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEED to NOT FADE ANY COLOR or strip your natural, good oils produced by your hair to make it look as if you have been to the SALON everyday!

I tried ir, when it first was introduced, to keep my Magenta Pink and Violet Purple High-Lights looking as bright as they did the moment they were towel dried so I could see the magnificant colors ( I have Natural Very Dark Brown Hair-ALMOST Black ) !

It kepy the Magenta & Violet looking NEW for 6 months and made the rest of my hair look as if it was SALON STYLED DAILY!

I loved it sooooo much that I still use it and my hair has NEVER BEEN Feeling or Looking so full and Beautiful as it ever has before.

Its worth the try, and they will return every penny spent on it, if at ANY TIME , you are not happy with the WEN product line with NO QUESTIONS ASKED ! ( even if you use almost all of the bottles/jars/ect. until they are ALMOST EMPTY!

I wish you the BEST with your color and I know if you give it a try, you will NOT be out of anything - INCLUDING your New, Pretty COLOR!

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

I've read some reviews that Wen leaves a strange feeling residue. What has been your experience?

dollface131313

try no poo shampoo 

http://www.sephora.com/no-poo-P378324?skuId=1509561

one of the sales girls in sephora who also has bright colored hair recommended it to me to help with my purple hair it has no sulfates . it works great and also always wash with cold water 

scharrison

Photo!!

nishcakes

Yea, we need a pic ASAP!

pinkonyx

Use a sulfate free shampoo, or a cleansing conditioner. Also try not to  wash your hair too often, and rinse with cool water, I think it's such a pretty color, good luck. 

lecia1167

Have you considered using a conditioner to wash your hair instead of shampoo? It's called co-washing, and it doesn't strip your hair like most shampoo does. But it still does a great job of washing it.

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

@lecia1167, what conditioner do you use?

nishcakes

Good suggestion. Use a silicone free conditioner so your hair won't be weighed down.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • lylysa
    • dollface131313
    • pinkonyx
    • scharrison
    • lecia1167