Answer
jennyleighs86
Replacement Shampoo for Pureology Hydrate with a better bottle any price!

I recently ran out of my Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner.  I really loved how moisturizing it was and how good it smelled. It made my hair SO silky, there were only two things wrong with it. First the bottle is really annoying, when you start to get low you need to store the bottle upside down which is true of almost any shampoo and I know that but the thing that is annoying about the pureology bottle is when store upside down it becomes top heavy and falls over. It was not a bottle designed to be stored upside down. The other probably more serious issue is that something in that product made me breakout a little bit around my hair line. I have noticed that happening before and only with 'minty' shampoos so that may be the problem, same reason I had to stop using John Frieda Root Awakening even though I loved it. Can anyone recommend something to replace the Pureology Hydrate that is equally as hydrating and makes your hair super silky all day?  I don't have a price range I just want a quality product. I have recently tried the Alterna smoothing or moisturizing one and it made my hair dry and tangly and then I tried Redken Allsoft and while it is nice it is nowhere near as wonderful as Pureology Hydrate was. I have fine hair but as my stylist says I have a lot of it. I also have color treated hair so I definitely don't want anything at all drying. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
artemisgem
Answered

Since so many shampoos have aggravated your skin, it sounds like you should ask your stylist what shampoo and conditioner for dry hair will be best for your skin and wouldn't damage your color. I'm a little apprehensive about recommending any shampoo or conditioner to you without knowing how you might react to it. That said, you may want to try Living Proof "Full Shampoo" (Sephora Product Page) and Living Proof "Full Conditioner" (Sephora Product Page) These don't contain sulfates and aren't minty so I don't think they will give you trouble. Both these products add weightless hydration, without silicones, oils, or heavy moisturizers so they won't damage your color. I love this shampoo and conditioner because not only do they provide great hydration for dry hair, they make very fine hair silky and full with gorgeous volume.

However, making hair feel hydrated and silky and look healthy and shiny can be acheived by adding other products besides shampoo and conditioner to your hair care routine, so I thought I'd recommend some of those products to you. The best way I know of to hydrate dried out and dull hair is to use an intense treatment, like a repair masque, twice a week. My favorite is Macadamia Natural Oil "Deep Repair Masque."  It's a hydrating hair reconstructor that will penetrate and rebuild dry and damaged hair for improved shine and elasticity. It's very easy to use: twice a week after shampooing, apply this generously to coat every strand of hair and leave it in for at least seven minutes. Then rinse as usual and let your hair air-dry (if you can.) After using this product your hair will be noticeably softer and shinier. You can also use a hydrating treatment after your shower. I love Macadamia Natural Oil "Healing Oil Treatment." This is a lightweight therapeutic oil perfect for all hair types and is especially beneficial to dry, damaged hair. Once out of the shower, smooth a little of this into damp hair. It reduces dryness in hair by 40-50% and nourishes hair so it's softer and noticeably shinier. None of these Macadamia Natural Oil products will damage your color either. Sephora doesn't sell these products, but you can buy them online at Ulta Beauty.

I hope all this helps! :smileyhappy:

6aad0801
Answered
(0) Hearts

Alterna did not agree with my hair either.  I recommend a Biologe hydrating shampoo and conditioner  or a L'Oreal hydrating shampoo and conditioner  -professional series.

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I think a great replacement product would be ALTERNA Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner which are very moisturizing and they contain NO:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

You can find them at:
Shampoo:
 http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=X0R5L3YNMCCUKCV0KSGAX0Q?id=P269705&shouldPagi...

Conditioner:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=X0R5L3YNMCCUKCV0KSGAX0Q?id=P269706&shouldPagi...

I hope this helps you.  :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • jennyleighs86
    • 6aad0801
    • artemisgem