AndyBlue

Recommendations for shampoo / conditioner for a swimmer with keratin and color treate hair?

I typically use Moroccan Oil, but it doesn't work through the chlorine as well as specialized swimming shampoos (Lazartique).  However, I have yet to find a swimming product that is sulfate and phosphate free. My keratin treatment is lasting a quarter of what it did previously, any recommendations?

AndyBlue

Re: Recommendations for shampoo / conditioner for a swimmer with keratin and color treate hair?

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much for the recommendations.  It was great to have several options.  I'll leave comments as to my results.

melissabt

Re: Recommendations for shampoo / conditioner for a swimmer with keratin and color treate hair?

(0) Hearts

Hi AndyBlue,

You also might want to leave a rich leave in treatment. I recommend the Alterna Caviar Repair RX Re-Texturizing Protein Cream. It great for porous/damaged hair.

caviar leave in.jpg

<3 Melissa
dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi there!

You may also want to look at the Living Proof Restore Shampoo which helps treat and repair hair that has been damaged or exposed to chemicals like chlorine:

swfupload_1797947332681937115.jpghttp://www.sephora.com/restore-shampoo-P296439?skuId=1376250

The Alterna Caviar Anti Aging Replenishing shampoo is great to repair and treat the hair as well with more hydration to keep your hair soft and smooth. Both this and the Living Proof are indeed sulfate free!

swfupload_3679611766998197462.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/caviar-anti-aging-replenishing-moisture-shampoo-P269705?skuId=1415785

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
PoshDarling

Pureology shampoo and conditioners are sulfate and phosphate free.

They have a line called Perfect Platinum that works great if you have blonde hair and want to keep hair from becoming brassy and keep your color fresh. I also highly recommend their Super Smooth and Nano Works lines.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • AndyBlue
    • PoshDarling
Photos3
  • swfupload_1797947332681937115.jpg
  • swfupload_3679611766998197462.jpg
  • caviar leave in.jpg