Preserving color tips?

So I'm off to get my hair colored tomorrow (yahoo!) and I'm going for a dark violet red. I know red tones fade fast and I want to try and preserve the color as long as I can. Any tips on how I can keep it from fading? Thanks :smileyhappy:untitled.png

Re: Preserving color tips?

(0) Hearts

Thank you for this thread. I am grateful for all this advice as I am going to get my hair colored professionally soon. (I'm loving your color Cat and think I'll be doing something similar). :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

@cat588 what color line and color is this? I love it?

Pureology, although very expensive, just came out with a new collections of hair products called Reviving Red, shampoo and conditioner are most popular. Sulfate free, SUPER concentrated, so itll last you a LONG time. even if it weren't the reviving red collection, any pureology collection is color safe and sulfate free, AND concentrated...so you'd be good with anything from them really.

Cat588-

I love that hair color! I've had it before and even did a dark purple to mix it up. It does really fade super fast. It looks like you already have lots of good advice! I agree, my hair stylist said do not wash your hair 24-48 hours after it has been colored to lock it in.

Sulfate free shampoos and conditioners will be your best friend!

If you're in the sun use a UV line. I like the one by Alterna. Wear a hat or scarf to cover your head/hair for prolong periods out in the sun.

http://www.sephora.com/search/search.jsp?keyword=alterna%20uv&_requestid=111437

<3 Melissa