broadwaybarbie

Pixie cut

Hey lovelies :smileyhappy:

So I've been contemplating for a long time now on getting a Pixie hair cut. I would want something a bit razored in the back so I could **bleep** it if I wanted and then long layered bangs in the front. Im not talking like past my chin long type of bang, but lower the my eyebrow across my forehead type bang. I wanted to see if any of you have gotten this hair cut and what you think about it. I have thick hair so that could be something that could make it look different and suitable for me...but who know?! What are the pro's and cons ladies? :smileyhappy: Oh p.s.! I currently have about shoulder length hair :smileyhappy: Thank you!

Egblurt

Re: Pixie cut

(0) Hearts

I got a pixie about nine months ago and it was absolutely lovely! I got mine cut very short in the back with bangs across my forehead and trimmed it myself when the back started to grow out. My hair grows super, SUPER fast though, so despite my best efforts of chopping and razoring, it's true pixie glory didn't last long, which can definitely be a con because the growing out phase is awkward looking. Right now I have this somewhat silly looking mane like that falls to the top of my spine and is very choppy.

Basically, if you think you'll look good, go for it! The only forseeable problem will be getting trims and such and growing it out if you ever want to.

catherineu2

The cut was easy to style & take care of.  It was super fun too. I found I had to get it trimmed every couple of weeks which wasn't too bad. The colour was the thing that had the most up-keep but the cut itself was awesome.  I think a pixie will really compliment the shape of your face.

catherineu2

I am growing out a pixie cut right now. I decided I wanted to do something fun with my hair before I finished school. I had long very red hair before. I loved my pixie but it took a lot of up-keep and I'm in a wedding in October so I'm trying to grow it out.

P.S. Ignore the old VHS tape in the background! Lol!000_1612.JPG

broadwaybarbie

(0) Hearts

Very pretty! and I LOVE the purple in your hair!! :smileyhappy: plus the VHS tapes in the back haha! I have a stakc like that atking up way to much room at my house too :smileytongue:

jennypenny1995

I am on Month 16 of growing out my pixie cut, and it's just now grazing the tip of my collar.  I have had so many people say it was a great cut on me, so I would be I'll go back to it at some point.  My advice?  Get a picture of a style you like from all sides, take it to your stylist, and make sure they can do it exactly like it.  Be prepared to get a trim every 3-4 weeks to maintain its shape.  I missed ponytails and having options of styles but growing it out is NOT easy.  

arielaaaaaaaa

Pixie cuts are beautiful! Everyone suggested great ones. My only peice of advice is becareful who cuts it. If you have a hairstylist you always love, make sure she does it. If you don't have a set stylist, ask around, call and ask who has the most experience, and who does alot of pixie style cuts, Cause i'm a hairstylist, but i'm not great at pixie cuts, and i'll say it upfront, but some won't, it might not be their thing but they will just do it anyways, and it might not come out great. I hope you love it!!

broadwaybarbie

Thats a great point to make! :smileyhappy: 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Good tip, Ariela! Asking detail oriented questions like that is the best way to guarantee someone's got the best person working on them! Not to mention if someone isn't the best at razoring it could end up damaing strands. :smileyfrustrated:

arielaaaaaaaa

YES! So many things can go wrong! It's best to get a consult on it, make sure they know what you want. I know too many Stylist who don't care what the client wants, they do their own thing.

lreagan

(0) Hearts

Oh, I forgot to mention! I took a picture of Ginner Goodwin to my stylist when I went in for my pixie cut. I love her haircut and really wanted something similar.

ginnifer-goodwin.jpg

lreagan

I went through this exact same thing about 2 months ago! I've always had long hair and hated it, but never had the courage to cut it off. I finally worked up the courage and got a pixie cut a couple months ago and I LOVE it. I wish I had done it sooner! I was really scared because I have a massive cowlick and thought it would look awful, but you can't even tell it's there!

This is what my pixie cut looks like:

pixie.jpg

lylysa

I love it, Lreagan!!!!!!! It really frames your face well and brings so much focus to your eyes!!! As soon as I saw this thread I thought back to your's and even linked it so Broadwaybarbie could have some product references!

lreagan

Awww, thank you! That's really sweet. :smileyhappy: I love my short hair and never want to go back, LOL.

lylysa

It looks really good on you, and I love your hair color!

lreagan

My hair color is probably one of my favorite things about myself, haha. I've never dyed my hair or done any harsh treatments to it and my stylist always raves about how soft it is and how it's precious virgin hair, LOL.

lylysa

That's amazing, it picks up light so well on the color, great, natural dimension!

broadwaybarbie

You are so darling and this cut looks INCREDIBLY fantastic on you! :smileyhappy: You're making me want to run out and get it right now!

lreagan

(0) Hearts

Awww, thank you so much. <3

If you get one you have to post pics! I love seeing pixie cuts on other people. :smileyhappy:

rawrxjasmine

(0) Hearts

For most of my life I had long hair. As I got older I started expirementing and cutting it shorter, but never shorter than about above my shoulders. I couldn't ever really decide which I perfered longer or shorter hair. After that I started growing it out again because I wanted to donate some to Locks of Love. Pretty recently I got 12 inches chopped off, and I love it! Its not a pixie cut, but it's the shortest my hair has been (especially in the back). It's so much easier to maintain, takes way less time to style, and way less time to dry. I do on occasion miss my long hair because I loved braiding! It looks like you would look great with a pixie cut! Think of it this way, if you don't like it you can always grow it back out. ( :

broadwaybarbie

(0) Hearts

I would love to grow it out in motivation to donate it for locks of love! I adore that idea <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 34 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • catherineu2
    • broadwaybarbie
    • lreagan