audreehoran

PLEASE HELP WITH MY HAIR:P

Ok, so i want to achieve this look without heat but im not sure how, my hair is kinda dead from dying it but its getting better, and its shoulder length. tumblr_mowynzPlUx1s3u0eao1_500.pngi want my hair to be permenatly long but idk how

tashalicious

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH MY HAIR:P

(0) Hearts

you could use large curling rods, no heat, they work like rollers

pinkonyx

One option is to use a setting lotion on damp hair, then use soft rollers in two different sizes depending on you hair length, maybe medium, and large. Apply small amount of setting lotion to towel dried hair then roll interchanging the two different size rollers, then allow to dry. Undo the rollers, and separate.

lylysa

For starters, take inspiration from gals with the same length/cut as you. This will give you looks you can easily work to accomplish without feeling that styles are only attainable for long locks.

swfupload_3079540390410057360.jpg

swfupload_2823255431644283825.jpg

swfupload_3706354803058868166.jpg

Laura hit it on the head about making various buns on damp/partial wet hair that is prepped with styling cream and letting hair dry. The more buns you make and the smaller and tighter the buns, the tighter and finer your curls and waves will be. Depending on how thick your hair is, try making 2-3 buns for starters (this will ensure for a softer look), after that, play with technique, making various sized buns for more control and variance in shape. Also, the higher you make your buns, the more amped up volume at your roots will be.

Growing your hair to longer lengths takes time and proper maintenance and care. The speed at which hair grows deals with genetics and your hereditary factors, but diet, proper nutrition, and even lifestyle can take affect on the quality of strands, plus environmental and external factors like UV/sun exposure, heat exposure, chemical processes and treatments, and even poor water quality (hard water can cause snags and tangles along with leave mineral deposits in hair that can dull it down and make hair feel brittle). Though supplements and vitamins can help, most rely on vitamin B and biotin, both which can naturally be obtained through a steady and balanced diet. They will help boost and support proper nutritional health but aren't some magic pill to grow inches in days or weeks.

You say your hair is damaged due to coloring, proper and necessary trims will also ensure your strands are well balanced. Keeping dead and damaged ends will only hurt your hair as whatever nourishing ingredients or products you're using, those dead ends are only sucking those up rather than letting only healthy portions have their fill. Though trims may not seem fun and may cause you to think it's working against growing your hair out, even a minor 1/2 inch trim can make a world of difference in the quality and condition of your hair. Dead ends aren't a good look, regardless of length or style rocked.

audreehoran

thank you so much! When you say the cremes and stuff, what are some you suggest? oh and my hair is kinda straight and doesnt hold stuff very well, s there a permanent solution?:smileyhappy:  

lylysa

If your hair is difficult to hold curl, the setting lotion suggestion by Pinkyonyx is spot on. It's a light weight liquid that gives hold but doesn't have any dried or crunchy texture. 

As for a lighter weight curl activating cream, try Bumble & Bumbles Bb Texture Undressing Creme, it's a gel cream hybrid that gives a good tousled look:

swfupload_2394721317835526500.jpg

Or Living Proof makes some excellent products that include a styling cream and a style primer, which helps to extend the life of styles as well as prep hair better to hold:

swfupload_4088848290127395867.jpgswfupload_5700881833688792343.jpg

Unless you wish to get a perm or bodywave to your hair, there's not going to be a permanent solution to having perfect, cascading waves. Chemical processes will alter the hair you have; however, they will not affect new hair that grows in. 

You can start to "train" your hair to hold curl and wave better by rolling it up into buns when hair is slightly damp/towel dried. This will let your hair dry into the state you wish it to as opposed to starting flat out with styling dry hair which can be difficult. 

laurabt

[ Edited ]

Hi Audreehoran, without using heat, I would recommed applying a styling cream or gel to damp hair and then twisting medium sized sections into buns at the nape of your neck.  You could do this at night and let it dry overnight while you sleep.  In the morning when it's dry, take out all the buns and comb through with your fingers.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

audreehoran

(0) Hearts

When you say styling cream or gel, what kids do you reccomend?

audreehoran

(0) Hearts

oh and my hair is like kinda straightish

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • audreehoran