xtina826

Need suggestions for hair care during the winter

I suffer from dry scalp, and the colder weather always aggravates it.  I have to use a hot oil treatment from VO5 every week/2 weeks.  Does anybody have any products that they recommend for keeping hair and scalp healthy and nourished during the winter? I'm also looking for a good hair mask. Heard Phyto makes a good one. Thanks!

Christina

lilexpressbug.blogspot.com

nixi

Re: Need suggestions for hair care during the winter

(0) Hearts

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Active Soothing shampoo is amazing, and safe for color treated hair. It's available at CVS and comes in a tube. I used to use it when I use it back when I bleached my roots. My scalp would get dry and itchy and this shampoo was gentle enough and got it to stop itching!

7050102090.jpeg

For a deep conditioner, I normally use Dove Nourishing Oil Care, also in the tube. I put it in my hair, wait a few hours, then rinse it out. My hair also suffers from dryness in the winter, which causes a sore, itchy, dry scalp. 

080.jpeg

If you want one on the more higher end, Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie is magic and smells great too! Joico has one from K Pak that is amazing too.

$(KGrHqR,!r!E88gTnkm(BPkH+Tq1F!~~60_35.jpeg Joico-K-Pak1.jpeg

ahbuddha7

What is the texture of your hair?  I have curly hair that LOVES coconut oil.  Simply brush in an hour or so before shampooing.  Another thought, you may be sensitive to Sodium Laureth Sulfate, so maybe try a few months with a sulfate free shampoo.  I use a vinegar rinse when my head gets itchy and it seems to help.  1 part apple cider vinegar to 4 parts water.  The vinegar is really good for your hair as well.

xtina826

I have normal, straight Asian hair that has been color treated. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • nixi
    • ahbuddha7
    • xtina826
Photos4
  • Joico-K-Pak1.jpeg
  • 080.jpeg
  • 7050102090.jpeg
  • $(KGrHqR,!r!E88gTnkm(BPkH+Tq1F!~~60_35.jpeg