cinnyleea

Need advice on hair products to use for cold rolling long hair

My 10 year old daughter has waist-length hair, that she would like to wear curly.  I have tried putting her hair in curlers, and having her sleep in them.  The curls have turned out beautifully, but her hair is so thick and long, that halfway through the day, the curls are drooping, from the weight of her hair.  Can anyone recommend a product or products to use when rolling her hair, to give her curls a bit longer life? Thank you!

cinnyleea

Re: Need advice on hair products to use for cold rolling long hair

Thank you for the suggestions!!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Pin-curls will be her saving grace wither either a setting lotion (Proclaim makes a good one, it's a blue liquid, available at Sally's Beauty Supply) or product such as Living Proof's style primer, apply a small dollop to each section of hair as you roll it up to curl it.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hair/Getting-no-heat-curls-to-last/m-p/639511/highlight/true#M2257

Pin curls and the products are covered more in the above thread. You can also finish hair with LP's Flex Hairspray as it's flexible hold that's brushable to avoid her hair becoming too stiff or crunchy. There's also no flakes when you work with this product.

weeeeweeeeeee

Living Proof Prime Extender. A dallop of this before I curl my hair lengthens my curls lifetime. It gives me almost at least 5 more hours of curls.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • cinnyleea
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • lylysa