Answer
shelbeemckinnon
Need Advice!

Hi! Okay, I am in desperate need of hair advice. I had to cut off my hair to my shoulders about two months ago because it wasn't too healthy, and it's only grown maybe an inch since then (I can never seem to get long hair) and my hair is always oily after one day. I have to wash it every time I want to wear it down. So basically I wear it down one day, up the next (so that I don't strip the natural oils by washing it every single day). My issue is that I not only need longer hair, but I need THICK hair. My hair's thin, and fine. And it's driving me nuts. I'm going into cosmetology school in two weeks, and I can do so many different hairstyles on my SISTER, but not on myself because my hair is too thin (or short). Basically I'm looking for either vitamins I can take, or products I can use. Ones that REALLY work because I'm on a tight tight budget. Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
hnt98
Answered
(0) Hearts

Get some Biotin.  It's a supplement hair, skin, and nails. There are different milligrams, I take three 3000mg per Works great!  You can buy them anywhere vitamins are sold.

One more thing...I'm not sure how old you are, but hair thins out, the older you get. just keep that in mind too. 

Good luck!

corrin99
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'm not sure you can change the type of hair you have very much, but you can make it as healthy as possible and you will learn tricks to make it look fuller in school.  To grow longer healthy hair start by eating right, good oils like olive oil, nuts and protein are key to healthy hair.  I know that adding gelatin powder to orange juice daily makes your nails and hair stronger, they used to sell it by the jello specifically for hair and nails.  I use Neutrogena Clean shampoo, it's $5 and works great on my oily fine hair, I like Vidal Sasson conditioner and Loreal too.  Don't use heat on your hair if you can help it, use a heat protectant like Tresemme when you do.  At least let your hair air dry then quickly flat iron if you feel the need. 

vickyg719
Answered
(0) Hearts

this might sound disgusting but Monostat works really well. Add it in a mixture of about 1/2 Monostat, 1/2 leave in conditioner, and a bit of water. Apply to hair, leave in as long as possible, then rinse. 

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • shelbeemckinnon
    • hnt98
    • vickyg719