Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Natural Hair Growth After Chemo

hey guys, so i was talking to my dad and he's been trying to get more hair regrowth. he always had a full head of hair (he's why my mane is so lustrous lmao) even after chemo a while back, but he still wanted to try to get more regrowth if he could. the only thing is that he's the opposite of me and wants to keep things natural with no "chemicals". are there any products anyone could recommend that won't scare him off by sounding too sciencey? lol. even stuff like hairbrushes would be great. i've never needed to delve into the world of hair growth because i've always had too much of it tbh.

Re: Natural Hair Growth After Chemo

Buy Organic Black cumin seeds and a high quality COLD PRSSED castor oil and massage onto the areas you desire hair growth. This will stimulate blood circulation and promote growth. There are other ways that I'd check to see if it's safe for cancer patients and men- but Vital Collegan Peptides (I use unflavored) also helps your body produce new cells to grow hair, nails, clear skin. Good luck!

So with the seeds did you soak them in the oil? How are the seeds used? Thanks!

do some research on it but I believe you can soak them in the oil or you can apply the oil to your hair and thenadd the seeds and massge it all into your scalp together.

They do have those red light threrapy devices.  That is what my mom used to help her   It is a proven stimulant. I would just google red hair light therapy.  These lasers are being used frequently now days   I hope I was able to help.

A family member of mine had some luck massaging warm extra virgin olive oil to their scalp a couple times a week! They would spend about 15 minutes massaging, then leave it on as long as possible and wash out. They noticed an increase in thickness of their hair. Nothing miracle worthy I imagine, but it's definitely natural!

@JilaP

My dad has just finished with his third round of chemo.

He was so bummed when his long hair started to fall out.

I've been looking for different things for him to try once this process is finished.

So far, it looks like diet is a factor and eating a lot of good protein and nuts, especially walnuts and almonds. Salmon and tuna, anything high in those omega-3's. Organic and grass fed are usually better due to the lack of added hormones, et cetera..

Rosemary is supposed to stimulate the scalp.

There's a couple recipes that I've written down in my notebook

1. You can boil water, add fresh rosemary and steep for 10-15 minutes; remove leaves and use as a rinse

2. Make an oil by adding fresh rosemary to a glass jar and olive or jojoba oil. Let sit in a cool, dark place for 2-4 weeks. Apply to scalp

There's a curry leaf that a lady was telling me about at our local farmer's market, Supposedly, a lot of Asians believe this helps the hair grow, even after chemo, either by drinking it like a tea and/or making a rinse of it.

I need to find more information from them when it finally stops raining.

Hopefully some of these will help him out.

Congrats on no more chemo. I hope he is in full remission and is on his way to good health.

I'll let you know if I find any other tips.

Hi @JilaP

There is nothing that you can put on your scalp to make new hair grow.. it's like veggies, no seed.. no sprouts.

Most chemicals, like Rogaine, don't grow 'new' hair.. what they do is cause your current quantity of hair to all grow at the same time. Same time, you ask? Hair grows in cycles, and not all hair is 'growing' at the same time. You can have strands of hair side-by-side and they will each "take turns" growing on a 8 week cycle. To make hair look fuller, Rogaine-type chemicals force the hair to keep growing out of cycle.. hot-housing your follicles!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing