From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Curls & Coils

Curls & Coils

• 41465 Members
  • 965 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

A place where people curly girl care about coil maintenance. Start your curly hair routine, share products in your frizz-fighting arsenal, and get answers to classic coil Qs.

A place where people curly girl care about coil maintenance. Start your curly hair routine, share products in your frizz-fighting arsenal, and get answers to classic coil Qs.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Curls & Coils
Amika vs Dae curl cream
|
Re: Amika vs Dae curl cream
FRESH FACE I INSIDER
Reply: @Jason051204 I feel like I mainly see people with straight hair using the Dae one and I usually only see them using it as more of ...read more
@Jason051204 I feel like I mainly see people with straight hair using the Dae one and I usually only see them using it as more of a hair gel for styling vs using it for definition so i’d say go with the Amika one.However If you were just looking for more recommendations, the Bounce Curl light hold creme gel is pretty good (this is a gel not a cream). Along with Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curl cream.
Recommendations
|
Re: Recommendations
FRESH FACE I INSIDER
Reply: @IDK24 I started a whole new reply since the community thing doesn’t really let you do a reply thread lol. But i was saying if fri ...read more
@IDK24 I started a whole new reply since the community thing doesn’t really let you do a reply thread lol. But i was saying if frizz is usually a problem you have when you blow dry, oil your scalp and ends of your hair either before or after. There’s also frizz control creams and mousses for curly hair as another option. Depending on the blow dryer you have, you can either just get a universal diffuser attachment on its own or get one of those hair dryer diffusers that are only used for diffusing. The one i have came with the attachments already. It would also be helpful to make sure the products you use before you blow dry (or air dry for that matter) aren’t weighing your hair down, that’s another thing that could be contributing to you not liking how it turns out as well.
Hair oil
|
Re: Hair oil
FRESH FACE I INSIDER
Reply: @LittleMiss2211 I like kreyol essence‘s haitian black castor oil. Its thicker than a lot of other hair oils but it maintains my fr ...read more
@LittleMiss2211 I like kreyol essence‘s haitian black castor oil. Its thicker than a lot of other hair oils but it maintains my frizz and i also have thick hair. Another really good one i like is Pattern’s Argan Oil Blend
New Post in Curls & Coils
Waves/curles
Favorite hair products for curly and wavy hair!!! Remember you are blessed to have this hair!
Favorite hair products for curly and wavy hair!!! Remember you are blessed to have this hair!
Hair care products
|
Re: Hair care products
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Thank u! Yes I had a sew in and it ripped my edges out and I have a bald spot. I am definitely will be taking a break from braids
Thank u! Yes I had a sew in and it ripped my edges out and I have a bald spot. I am definitely will be taking a break from braids
New Post in Curls & Coils
Frizz
Hi! I have curly/wavy, frizzy, and thick hair. After I would blow dry my hair it would be all over the place but I started to use ...read more
Hi! I have curly/wavy, frizzy, and thick hair. After I would blow dry my hair it would be all over the place but I started to use the color wow magic cote for frizz spray and it is a life saver! I love it!
Curls & waves
|
Re: Curls & waves
NEWCOMER II INSIDER
Reply: I have the same sort of thing. My hair gets curlier further down. I definitely find that if I put a shaping cream in, it helps, an ...read more
I have the same sort of thing. My hair gets curlier further down. I definitely find that if I put a shaping cream in, it helps, and shaping my curls when they're wet also is a simple wonder! I put Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream in my damp hair, and then just scrunch it up to help it shape!
Re: Age
NEWCOMER II INSIDER
Reply: I have fine hair that gets, and I've found that Moroccanoil's curl defining cream not only help shape, but also hydrates, and actu ...read more
I have fine hair that gets, and I've found that Moroccanoil's curl defining cream not only help shape, but also hydrates, and actually last. On a bonus on top of it all is that it smells amazing!
Styling and taking care of my curls
|
Re: Styling and taking care of my curls
NEWCOMER II INSIDER
Reply: Hi! I have quite similar hair! I would definitely recommend a hydrating color saving shampoo and conditioner, I personally use L'O ...read more
Hi! I have quite similar hair! I would definitely recommend a hydrating color saving shampoo and conditioner, I personally use L'Oreal color last, and am very happy with the results! As far as minimizing frizz and holding shape, I've been using Moroccanoil's curl defining cream, and again am very happy with the results! As far as split ends go, the only thing that seems to get rid of them for me is a hair trim lol. Hope this helps!!
Trying to get curls
|
Re: Trying to get curls
NEWCOMER II INSIDER
Reply: You could try putting a shaping cream or something of the likes in?? Maybe something with a stronger hold, since your curls aren't ...read more
You could try putting a shaping cream or something of the likes in?? Maybe something with a stronger hold, since your curls aren't staying. I have curly hair also, with mine being more 2c/3a, and I use Moroccanoil's curl defining cream, but it's a lighter hold
4,287 Posts