shinybananas

Looking for heat protection recos (for hair)

(0) Hearts

I have chemically treated hair, in which my head is full of blond highlights and am still enjoying the residual effects of a keratin treatment in May. Does anyone have a heat protector they can recommend? Do I even need one? My hair looks pretty good, but is on the dry side.  I wash it maybe two or three times a week and blow dry.

Was looking at Bumble and Bumble, Living Proof, Alterna, and Ojon's offerings, but am open to whatever.

melissabt

Re: Looking for heat protection recos (for hair)

Hi Shinybananas-

A heat protectant is a must for highlighted hair. I also have a partial highlight and it made a huge difference in the amount of breakage, dryness and overall health of the hair.

I suggest the following products:

ALTERNA
Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray

protectant spray.jpg

Ojon Ojon Rare Blend Protecting Treatment

ojon.jpg

Also, use a hair oil on the ends of the hair to prevent dryness and frayed ends.

Josie Maran Model Citizen Argan Oil Hair Serum With Radiance, this one has a built in shimmer.

radiance.jpg

<3 Melissa
shinybananas

Oh great, I was already considering the first two. I already use the Alterna kendi oil spray, which I really like, but I think I need more protection.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Perfect! Yes, you can use the Kendi oil just on the ends. It might feel too heavy throughout the rest of the hair. You can still use it on wet or dry hair!

<3 Melissa
shinybananas

(0) Hearts

Thanks, lady! Will definitely pick one of these up on my next trip (or online shopping excursion). 😛

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • shinybananas
Photos3
  • protectant spray.jpg
  • ojon.jpg
  • radiance.jpg