Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Living Proof vs Moroccan Oil

Hi,

I switched from Kerastase to Living Proof about 2 years ago.  At this time I was dying my hair red.  Living Proof has been great for my hair.  No split ends, etc.  Last year I started going really gray so you guessed it - I'm dying my hair blonde.  I know going blonde is harsher on my hair and I'm having flyaway and frizz issues.  My hair is naturally wavy.  I've been reading on Moroccan oil and it seems to be a miracle product.  Would Moroccan oil work for me? I really need something to cut down on my frizz - what would you recommend.  Preferably sulfate free.

Thanks,

Re: Living Proof vs Moroccan Oil

Hello, MelanieDC!  

I know you're going to hear this a ton in your journey to being a blonde but I'm going to just briefly mention Olaplex.  I've been lightening my hair for the past eight months and my hair still has minimal damage:  no frayed ends, no change in the strength of my hair and no annoying frizzies.  

I love Morroccan Oil, I"ve been using it pretty faithfully for the last three years or so.  I find it works best with my cocktail of products while my hair is still damp- I have fine hair and want to avoid having it looked weighed down.  I do also use the Ouai hair oil but I find it much lighter so I can use that my ends when they're dry. 

While you're going down that route, you may find your hair missing something.  The two other steps I consider to be essential are using a deep conditioning treatment in lieu of a conditioner (at least) once a week and adding a protein treatment!  I essentially grew up in the salon, so my HG protein treatment is from Redken which is pretty much the only brand stylists in my area touch and that is Antisnap.  There are a handful on the Sephora website such as the Caviar Repair rX Re-Texurizing Protein Cream.

Re: Living Proof vs Moroccan Oil

Hi Melaniedc, the Moroccan Oil line is designed for maximum hydration, so I think the Treatment in particular would work really well for your hair. It works best applied to towel dried hair and has become one of my favorites to keep my hair smooth and hydrated. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing