cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Let's Talk Curls!

June Curl BT.jpg

Let's talk curls! Curly hair is bold, natural, beautiful, and it’s our mission to celebrate your unique curls. Curly hair is also complicated and we get it. We’re here to guide you in your journey to loving and embracing your curls.

For the last 20 years, our products have been born from the salon, through the conversations we were having with our curly clients. Our product lineup is designed to make all hair textures—wavy, curly and super curly—feel healthy and look gorgeous. The easiest thing you can do to get gorgeous waves and curls is to ditch your shampoo. Without the harsh chemicals found in most traditional formulas, your hair is transformed. Say bye to dryness and frizz! All that's left are beautiful curls that can rock any style.

No matter where you are on your curl journey, we have your perfect routine. Are you wavy, curly or super curly? What products work best for you? Not sure? No worries - we're here to help. We’ll be checking this thread frequently, so go ahead, ask us anything. We’d also love to hear your success stories! Do you have your curl routine locked down? Share your tips, tricks and favorite products to help inspire your fellow curly girls.

Re: Let's Talk Curls!

@devacurl any tips for styling curly bangs ? i have bangs that are growing out right now--they're a little past my eyes. they usually turn out to be a bit of a wavy mess (while the rest of my hair is ringlets !). 

Hi @jemly You have already had a fantastic recommendation from @jozkid which I would definitely second. Using DevaClips and/or a little Ultra Defining Gel (or possibly Styling Cream as @jozkid suggested) is a great way to help tame unruly curls.

@jemly Have you read Lorraine Massey's book, Curly Girl?  It covers curly bangs.  I bought mine used and it was great.

@jemly do you have any of the Deva clips? I learned a tip from my stylist because I sometimes have some "lazy" curls. Take the uncooperative lock, wet it,  and glide a little bit of watered down gel or styling cream down along it. Wind it around your finger, then clip the curl to your head with the bottom part of the clip next to your scalp and the top of the clip right down the barrel of the curl. Does that make sense? Then do a quick diffuse or let it air dry.

Awesome suggestion @jozkid!!

@jemly i am dealing with the same issue! when i wear my hair curly, my bangs are a mess 😕

I have wavy hair and recently started experiencing alot of breakage and hair loss (more than normal) so I had to chop off most of my very long hair couple days ago to see if it helps. Now it is way too short than I am used to, I have no clue how to deal with short wavy hair and I want some suggestions to help with frizz and breakage.

I am looking into Any masks I can use or leave in treatments that won't make my scalp greasy since I want to avoid washing my hair too often. I hardly ever blow dry my hair so if there are products that are good for air drying would be great for me. Any suggestions @devacurl

@Anewxa   I wonder, is your hair dry from coloring? What do you suppose caused the breakage? It would be useful to know. You can use Delight Low-Poo and One Condition for your cleanser and conditioner. This will give your waves body and shine without weighing it down. The Low-Poo is moisturizing but not excessively so; I think it will be just the right touch (not too too moisturizing) for an oily scalp. To style, you can simply use Ultra Defining Gel which, once dry, will give you soft touchable waves. It's a simple routine that I think will work for you. We do have some fabulous masks coming out really soon! Deep Sea Repair will likely be your jam once it debuts. Hope all this helps!

Anonymous Insider

Hi! Which do you suggest to try for my hair? No shine, dry and frizzy. 😞 On a good day, it's a cross between the blonde and redhead in the header photo. I'm looking at the trying either the Curly Mini Transformation Kit, Ultra Moisture Sampler Kit or  the Wavy Mini Transformation Kit. 

2bqVxtP.png

@AnonymousHi there, so I recommended the wavy kit to you because you have classic waves. The Delight Low-Poo and One Condition will deliver weightless moisture, and won't weigh down your locks. It will also give you nice body and shine. Apply the styler in wet or damp hair -- Wave Maker is our only styler that can go in damp; the rest should go in soaking wet in the shower. Hope this helps. Keep us posted 🙂

Anonymous Insider

That's perfect, thank you! 🙂

@Anonymous   Definitely the wavy kit 🙂 I will tell you more tomorrow. Happy Sunday! 

recently i got the heaven in hair deep conditioner. it's everything i'd hoped it would be ! 

@jemly That's great! Did you know you can even sleep in it? With a cap 🙂

@devacurl i'm a bit of an....active sleeper, so i'd be scared (for my pillow's sake) to risk it. BUT !! i will happily wear it around the house all day next time i have a quiet day off.

mister right is next on my list i think.

@jemly  I know what you mean. Perhaps you would wear a cap, and then a knit hat to secure it in place.

@devacurl I received a sample of the buildup buster cleansing serum and used it last night. My hair looks great this morning, but what is this serum supposed to do to my hair?

Also, do you have any products to help with frizz that don't involve washing your hair? I try to not wash my hair more than 2x a week, but my hair will get frizzy in between washes. Thanks! 🙂

@KellW  We have a full description here: http://www.sephora.com/buildup-buster-micellar-water-cleansing-serum-P417007?skuId=1895630&icid2=pro... Basicially, it will remove buildup at the roots and give your curls a reset. Be sure to only use 1x per week in place of No-Poo and always follow with One Condition or Heaven In Hair and your Deva stylers as usual.

@devacurlI love your products. I use the low-poo with the one conditioner. I then use a little bit of ultra hold gel mixed with the styling creme.

I recently did a porosity test on my hair and I've got low porosity. Which of your products would work best with low porosity hair curly hair?

@BrideSona   I have a question for you. How are you liking your results with the products you described?

@devacurl I followed your tip of spraying 2 squirts of the Spray Gel into wet palms followed by just a little water but do not find it long lasting in high humidity. Do you have any additional tips help prevent frizz during high humidity?

Also could you recommend any videos for your products?

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • IMG_1861 (1).JPG
  • June Curl BT.jpg
  • beliveit.jpg
  • deva.jpg
  • Haircut2.jpg
  • Goulue.JPG
  • 2bqVxtP.png
testing