LEMONS as DYE review ??? Question is did the lemons work??

I have to say, staying out in the sun with the lemons was tiring and a WASTE of time. The lemons didn't make my hair lighter, because my is dark brown so I dyed my hair, myself, at home, for the first time Smiley Happy. The lemons would only work if you have lighter hair. Also it didn't make my hair dry because my hair gets oily and I always put on hair treatments when I go to the salon.

Re: LEMONS as DYE review ??? Question is did the lemons work??

your post made me giggle a bit....It reminded me when i was a kid and i wanted blonde hair so i asked me my to buy me Sun in . I rememberded that people also used to say use lemon juice in your hair cause it does the same thing but it never nreally did.

Thanks for the information pink1207! I tried using lemons once as well but it was no use for dark brown hair! I just ended up with a slightly orange tint.. not quite the look I wanted! Try using a nice shine serum or spray to enhance your natural color! I love the new Couture Colour Pequi Oil because it gives a nice sheen that highlight different tones in the hair without being too greasy or weighing my hair down.

PEQUI oil.jpg

Smiley Happy 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I tried it a couple weeks ago and didn't see a difference. But I have light reddish brown hair. So it wouldn't work as well for me as for people with blonde hair.Woman Wink

Yeah, lemons are most commonly used to lighten blonde hair. You won't see much of a difference if you have brown locks. Usually, it takes more than one use, also. Last year, about twice a week for two months I would highlight with lemons.

-gabidee

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
Photos1
  • PEQUI oil.jpg