pink1207

LEMONS as DYE review ??? Question is did the lemons work??

I have to say, staying out in the sun with the lemons was tiring and a WASTE of time. The lemons didn't make my hair lighter, because my is dark brown so I dyed my hair, myself, at home, for the first time :smileyhappy:. The lemons would only work if you have lighter hair. Also it didn't make my hair dry because my hair gets oily and I always put on hair treatments when I go to the salon.

teenageparasite

Re: LEMONS as DYE review ??? Question is did the lemons work??

your post made me giggle a bit....It reminded me when i was a kid and i wanted blonde hair so i asked me my to buy me Sun in . I rememberded that people also used to say use lemon juice in your hair cause it does the same thing but it never nreally did.

dianabt

Thanks for the information pink1207! I tried using lemons once as well but it was no use for dark brown hair! I just ended up with a slightly orange tint.. not quite the look I wanted! Try using a nice shine serum or spray to enhance your natural color! I love the new Couture Colour Pequi Oil because it gives a nice sheen that highlight different tones in the hair without being too greasy or weighing my hair down.

PEQUI oil.jpg

:smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beatricemct

I tried it a couple weeks ago and didn't see a difference. But I have light reddish brown hair. So it wouldn't work as well for me as for people with blonde hair.:womanwink:

gabidee

Yeah, lemons are most commonly used to lighten blonde hair. You won't see much of a difference if you have brown locks. Usually, it takes more than one use, also. Last year, about twice a week for two months I would highlight with lemons.

-gabidee

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • teenageparasite
    • pink1207
    • gabidee
    • dianabt
    • beatricemct
Photos1
  • PEQUI oil.jpg