EmilyDoer

Is anyone familiar with the product of WEN, and is it as good as they claim it to be on ethnic hair?

(0) Hearts

I'm wondering if WEN is as good on thick ethnic hair, and about how long does the bottle last for?Koala.jpg

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Is anyone familiar with the product of WEN, and is it as good as they claim it to be on ethnic h

Well i always watch QVC and Wen is supposed to be great for any hair. But i have a ton of hair and it's frizzy, i was hoping it would help. But it really was overpriced and didn't do anything significant to it. I used it for months and saw no difference in my hair. The 16 oz bottles don't last long. You are suppossed to use 24+ pumps for thick hair. It's ALOT of product and goes so fast. I used 15 pumps for my thick long hair and it lasted no more than 2 weeks. Way to expensive for the little results i saw. Yeah my hair was soft, and smelled great, but my hair is soft regardless of what i use on it. It didn't help with frizziness or manageability, but there are some people who will say how amazing it is. It's just about finding what works for your hair. If i had infinite money sure i would  use it cause i love the scent and how it feels but it's so pricey. 

quenbee

Re: Is anyone familiar with the product of WEN, and is it as good as they claim it to be on ethnic h

(0) Hearts

I too have watched Wen on QVC many many times.  I have shoulder length bone straight Caucasian hair and I am unable to use the Wen cleansing conditioner.  It makes my hair look limp and greasy like I haven't washed it in a month!  I feel it is way to expensive for the amount of product you get and have to use.  He says 30-40 pumps. And then you have to repeat!  no thanks.  There are way better and less complicated and time consuming products on the market that will do just as good a job!   Good luck!

carrierose

I can't give any opinion on ethnic hair, as I have long, thick Caucasian hair, but I can tell you that it took me 40 pumps to get my hair covered how they said it should be.  The larger, 16 oz bottle lasted me only 5 uses.  I find it ridiculous how much product they recommend you use; then they recommend that after you cleanse once, you do it again with half the pumps after rinsing.

For me, a "month's supply" lasted less than two weeks and I found it to be a huge waste of money.  I didn't think the results were much different than if I would have "cleansed" my hair by glopping on any old conditioner into it and letting it soak in.

I know others swear by it.  However, it is not for me.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • carrierose
    • quenbee
    • EmilyDoer
Photos1
  • Koala.jpg