sweetieeee

In for the kill... Short hair....

[ Edited ]

image.jpg

So I've been thinking about cutting my hair short for the longest..I'm not sure why but I've been wanting to get a cut similar to the pix below.. I just can't make my mind up. I just dont want to regret it:smileysad: I've never had my hair cut anywhere above my shoulders. I guess I've been longing for a new look.. However I don't want to confuse this feeling for feeling sad and wanting to just cut my hair off hoping I will feel better the way I do with splurging on makeup..haha. Last summer I did cut my bangs to try the look out though, and I loved the way it looked. I felt like it made my cheekbones pop:smileyhappy: I'll post a pix of what I want to cut my hair too and a pix of me know. Help me out ladies should I take a Jump. I do know ill never look as beautiful as them in the pix haha. Honest opinion please!? Face structure work? I have ombre but ever since I died it I want more and more... Haha but I'm lazy and hardly fix it up so I figure a short cut will be quick... Just never enough I guess... lol I like it to be funn flirty choppy edgy... Haha that's me with bangs... Oh yeah! My hair is dead strait /: so I'm sure it won't have volume like the edited pix that I found+the girls are all dolled up:smileyhappy: and yes I have a long neck...hahaimage.jpgimage.jpg

sweetieeee

Re: In for the kill... Short hair....

True...thanks:smileyhappy: if i do go for it I'll have a update of how it went along with a pix:smileyhappy:

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Litho I I'm tinny my head is a little big I think...lol! My BF hats are snugg on my head so it might be my hair or my head is slightly bigger than his..but he dose look like he has a tinny head haha!

malday

[ Edited ]

I actually just got my hair cut. Not super short but compared to before, yes. I needed to chop off the dead ends. Oh and that's not ombre, it's just previously bleached damaged hair that grew out haha.

beforeafter.jpg

I think you'll look fine with short hair, I like the top right corner pic the best because there's still a little length in the front which will probably be just a bit less dramatic of a chop. Just don't forget that short hair requires more maintenance and more regular trims to keep the shape and length.

Kiki1517

I love the short hair on you :smileyhappy:

sweetieeee

You look beautiful with short hair:smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

Ooooohhh, those are great pics. I say Go For It!! Without a doubt.

I cut my hair reaaaally short just before my junior year in HS. When my hairdresser took the first 'snip' I flinched and recoiled in terror. He then put a cape over the mirror and went to work. End result......I Cried!!!! It was only an inch long. :smileysad:

However, when the waterworks were over, I Loved it!!! It was soooo easy to care for, I didn't have to worry about what it looked like if we were driving down the highway, windows open and top down, at 100 mph! Everyone Raved about it when school started and within a few months numerous girls got the same exact cut, even went to my hairdresser and asked for the "kssweetheart" (you get what I mean, just fill my real name in there)

My hair was much longer & really gorgeous before I had it cut and I always got compliments, I was pretty nervous about doing it, but I'm so glad I did. The true test was that when it started to grow in, I had it cut the same way again (although I didn't go as short as the first time, left it a little bit longer)

So obviously, if I didn't love it, I wouldn't have gotten it cut again. I grew it in after that, I just looked a little too 'cute' with it short and as you can imagine, I really didn't want to look so 'cute' at that age.

Now is the perfect time to try it. I think you could rock a really sassy, fun or hot short cut! If you're a hat girl and end up not loving it, it's winter - the perfect season for a hat as cover up. You'll be surprised at how quickly it grows in too. I'm glad I did it and I think you will be too. The picture of you with bangs is beautiful! But you can always go a bit slower and not go for the immediate shock, just work your way there gradually - it might be easier. Just depends if you're a slowly work your way into a freezing cold body of water person or if you just go for it and jump right in!

Just a thought, you should make sure your hairdresser is good at cutting short hair and is also good with whatever texture your hair is (thick, fine, heavy etc.) Having someone who's good at that combo will be key to your happiness. :smileyhappy: Looking forward to pictures. :smileyhappy:

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I totally over looked the hair cutter.. Now I have to search for a great place. I just hope they don't mess my hair up:smileysad:

gogreyhound

I say go for it! It is only hair, will always grow back...people worry too much about it. I am a short hair gal, and it is fun having short hair! There are a gazillion heads of long,straight meh hair, and everyone pulls it back into a ponytail, so why have long hair if you are going to always pull it back? Do what your gut tells you-- you are gorgeous, can definitely pull it off!

kso1225

I agree with those who say start with a longer cut - like a shoulder length cut with layers and see how you like that. If you love it, then experiment with going shorter. You are incredibly gorgeous and I kind of do think shorter hair might draw more attention to your beautiful facial features, like the bangs did.  Every time I cut my hair shorter I would have a freakout moment where I regretted it and got really upset, even though it really did look good shorter. Like when you first wash it in the shower and you're used to feeling all that hair and then it's just gone.  But once I got past that, I was really happy. I was always looking for a style change when I chopped my hair off and I got just that.  I loved my hair in pictures when it was shorter (shoulder/chin length) but I eventually grew it back out because it's naturally curly and gets too big if I don't flat iron it when it's shorter.

HelloCoffee

You are very pretty!  But even prettier with bangs in the last picture, wow!  You rock those bangs and have great hair!

I used to have long hair, but it was always flat and stringy.  I layered it, but I just felt so bored.  I gradually went shorter and now love my style because I finally have volume.  I don't have a pic of me that's nice enough of me to post, but this is is the pic I bring to the salon (my hair is black).  She cuts it with a razor : ) But honestly, if my straight hair was as nice as yours, I probably wouldn't have cut it!  And I know what you mean abut the hair models being all dolled up, it's embarrassing when you go to the salon.."yes, I know I don't look like her, I just want her cut"…rude!    Unknown.jpeg

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

That's a very cute hair style:smileyhappy: I love my long hair but it's pretty boring at times. I love when I have my hair in a bun though.

chupi

I agree with Calamity. Go gradually shorter. Not only can you easily change your mind, but you get so much variety with a new look every few weeks!

I have short hair (haven't had long hair in twenty years), but mine doesn't need the maintenance that Chizzi's does (never owned a flat iron). It does require a lot of product for me though because I have very thick hair. So either I wake up with a puff ball or it already styled.

I get it cut every three to four weeks. Right now, I'm in the process of growing it out into a bob, but will cut it all off again once Summer comes.

I should note that my head is very small, so the pixie works on me. Long hair makes my teeny head look even smaller.

Londonlover101

hey there sweetie!

you look beautiful in that pic with your bangs and long hair :smileyhappy: overall its your decision to cut it or not but I for one as a short hair girl LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I had it cut into layers and I love it so much! although I was thinking of the pixie cut as well since I wanted to stand out from all the other girls with long hair, I thought it would be a little too much since I would be giving up the bun/ponytail and just hair to frame my face, when I was having it cut and I saw the hair falling to the ground I almost cried because I thought something was wrong, but when she finished and showed me I was so happy and it felt so good to run your hands through it and flip it over,I have such a confidence boost now! :smileyhappy: and I like that it makes me different form all the girls with plain uncut long hair! I suggest youpicture233.jpg get it cut into a bob or somethinglike that before a pixie so you can make your decision to go any further. It is also so easy to prep in the morning all I have to do is comb it!

peace and love,skye <3

P.S this is my layered bob,just when I wake up

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

You look beautiful:smileyhappy: very cute!

i think I'll go bob first:smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

upload_2703985552415986890.jpgupload_5678011107694164434.jpg

ok here is my opinion :smileyhappy:

you have very nice hair and you are beautiful! I understand the need for change, it makes you feel good!

I would first go to this length in these pics, and see how you like it...it is still long enough at this length that if you changed your mind you can still add in extensions and it would look fine. 

I think this length is a good start because you can still put some curl in it and you have a couple different options for styling. The shorter you go the less you have to work with, and are stuck with the same style.

Then if you are really enjoying the shorter cut, then move up  shorter, and shorter. Thats how I did, and worked my way up to a pixie. That way its not as shocking. I think everyone should try it once- life it to short not to try everything once :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]

Agreed and I think that Vanessa Hudgen's style would look good! I've regretted everyday chopping my hair off. I also thought short hair would be easy but it's so much harder and I miss jsut being to pull my hair back and go. Now I have to style it everyday no matter what :/ Not to mention every 3 weeks getting a cut whereas before I was bad and only got a trim every 6-8 months or so. 

My midlife crisis of haircuts: In the last year, I went from long hair to sideshaves to pixie (can't find any photos when it was shorter than this, shows how much I dislike it lol). It's at my chin now, hoping to be back to normal next year :smileytongue:

upload_3031050304639129647.jpgupload_2296883899095157638.jpgupload_3796651747096786848.jpg

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

These are both gorgeous options.

linda711

I love the cut in the pic above Eva Longoria.  That would look beautiful!

Chizzi

Dear Anon,

Unless you have extra money to spend towards maintaining the cut. I wouldn't advise you do the big chop. I've had crazy long hair for a long time and would get bored and cut it above shoulder length. I suddenly felt like doing more of a pixie style and cut it super short (**Its grown out in picture below**). Wash, blow dry, touch-up trim and flat-iron on low heat. This process was done every-week or two weeks (at a salon) to maintain a short style that looks neat and polished. This is especially important for the styles you posted above, since my hair was exactly like the top-middle photo. I'm growing my hair out now and won't cut it that short again.

diediemonds.jpg

That's just my experience and several cents. But, a stylist will tell you that short hair is a ALOT of maintenance. On another note, I don't think a pixie cut will suit you. I can see the style will age you in a bad way. I think a medium length hairstyle might suit you better (maybe a new softer color too) and I could totally see you rock a Bettie Page hairstyle.

petra.jpg

sweetieeee

thanks! I don't need any more age/: only 20..haha I love Bettie page:smileyhappy:

Chizzi

Yeah, I'm pushing 30. Married, have a little family started...so the style totally fit. Almost all the moms I know have that pixie cut or the very old ladies 50+. This cut looks stunning on very tall (5'9" +) ladies, extremely petite girls with a more long and willowy frame. A short pixie cut like that makes you look elven...almost pixie-ish (no pun intended).

tumblr_me4hl4vQKW1qzjr9qo1_1280.jpg(Teenager with petite frame)

michelle_williams_short_hair_1.jpg(25+ Older woman/Mom)

729shorthair-420x0.jpg(50 year old)

I'm pretty good with faces, I draw and paint. I do a lot of portraits. So, I can take your face and draw out how'd you look in my head. Sounds creepy, I know. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 55 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • chupi
    • malday
    • marydiva
    • Manda
    • kssweetheart
    • kso1225