Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

If anyone have tips/advice on how I can achieve this EXACT hair style I would appreciate it so so much!!! Products,Tools, Etc. Thank you :)

hair 2.PNG

Re: If anyone have tips/advice on how I can achieve this EXACT hair style I would appreciate it so so much!!! Products,Tools, Etc. Thank yo

That is amazing info in the other reply!  If you are looking for a good brand of hair extensions, try "girlgetglamorousHAIR" extensions.  They are super silky and thick all the way to the ends.  

Re: If anyone have tips/advice on how I can achieve this EXACT hair style I would appreciate it so so much!!! Products,Tools, Etc. Thank yo

Hi, glamorousroyal!

Model Doutzen Kroes has graced many a runway and one of her biggest claims to fame is being a Victoria's Secret Angel. 

Victoria's Secret's beauty image of models with full, billowing soft curls and waves that frame the face is a signature that many aspire to and funny enough was a look that the last fashion show made a point to distance itself from slightly (hair stylists stated that no extensions would be used and they would take a more simplified approach to styling versus making each model look too much like they had "bombshell" hair).

If you have the ability to get extensions to add extra mass to beef up your strands, then definitely be sure to have those available (if you're working with synthetic hair extensions, please be sure the type you have can safely be styled with heat). 

If you don't have extensions, no worries, just be sure hair is clean and untangled at the very least to start with. 

While there are a host of ways to obtain that bombshell blow out with soft waves, here's some basics (feel free to also Google "Victoria's Secret hair tutorial" for more steps and variations):

1. After washing hair, blot dry to remove any excess water (try using a cotton t-shirt as the fabric is gentle and will also minimize frizz or roughing up the hair cuticle). Apply some thermal protectant in a formula suited to your hair type and work a voluming or plumping mousse into strands. 

2. Using a large, round brush at the root of your hair working it toward the ends, blow dry strands. If you're not as handy with a brush, try at the very least to flip your head over while you blow dry so when you flip back to standing upright the change in direction can add a boost to strands. 

3. From here you can use either large velcro rollers or a large curling iron wand to curl sections of hair. For some tips on boosting volume at the roots/crown so hair wants to gently fall and frame the face, try stacking the rollers like so or pin-curling portions with large hair pins or clips after you remove the curling barrel.

Image result for blow dry hair volume roots

Here's an image of Angel Alessandra Ambrosio getting her makeup done with her hair has been set with velcro rollers so you can get an idea of the lay out/flow of how the rollers are aligned:

Image result for victoria's secret hair

Beauty blogger Cara from Maskcara Beauty has this handy photo series that showcases how she got the VS model look with the use of strategically sectioned pin curls:

Image result for victoria's secret hair

She even has a portion dedicated to showing placement of extensions:

4. After hair is curled and set, gentle tousle hair after unpinning and removing any rollers. Use your fingers to do this but don't comb through too much as you don't want to separate out the curls entirely. If needed, use a texturing or wave spray to add a bit of extra "grit" to rough up hair and make it look more "lived in" (especially towards the ends) and less uniform with perfect, in-tact curls. Use a workable spray (one of my favorites is Living Proof's Flex) as to not create any hard crunch or flakes in hair (you want hair to always look soft, inviting, and touchable and not like you've sprayed it stiff like a helmet that won't move). 

Play around with technique to find what may work best for your hair type and length!

P.S. If you've noticed, starting with the right hair cut is also crucial so that the curls and waves created are perfectly highlighted by the existing layers already cut into the hair. Kroes' layers are longer, starter under her chin so that when that piece is curled, it flips upward and hits right around chin level with subsequent layers following suit. Speak with your salon professional about having longer layers cut in so they can have gentle emphasis when hair is curled.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • hair 2.PNG
testing