liveinlovexx

I want to change my hair color, but don't know to what! Help?! :]

(0) Hearts

Sooo... I've been doing the same color for years now. It's a beautiful color, and it works for me very well. I get compliments daily. But I have lost 30 pounds, have been going to the gym, and just feel different and would like a drastic change to add to my new self! Based off of my profile picture, what colors would you recommend?

I want to go blonde... but I think it will be a disaster. My colorist and all of my friends said they don't think I should do that. And besides, I don't want to hurt my hair too much.

I don't want to mess with the cut, because I am trying to grow it out.

Thanks! :]

liveinlovexx

Re: I want to change my hair color, but don't know to what! Help?! :]

Thanks again everyone! I think I will keep it this way until it fades and when it fades it will be a bit easier to bleach down a bit for somw highlights! 

And drrragon, I wish heavier me = heavier wallet! I would gain a few pounds to shop more ;] Even better lighter me = heavier wallet to keep me on the ground would be nice!

beautylovingirl

@liveinlovexx- Your hair looks so good! You made an excellent choice on the color.:smileyhappy:

JGSFLA

I think maybe blonde highlights ..very thin ones would look beautiful!

pinklissamel

You have beautiful hair!!!!! Love the color on you !!!

liveinlovexx

Thanks lots! I pretty much only splurged on work clothes haha, I had older smaller everyday ones, but I spend 80% of my life at the office anyways! 

But no doubt I rewarded myself with lots of Sephora purchases! I got lighter, and so did the wallet ha how fitting! 

drrragon

LOL if only it worked in the other direction!  lighter wallet --> lighter me

LCResz

First off, congrats on getting healthier and I love your new color! please share pictures of your awesome new wardrobe, too! I know you must have gone crazy shopping for your new look!

liveinlovexx

(0) Hearts

Awe thanks guys! And yeah the eyebrows are that color :] My natural hair is a brownish red (more so light brown with a red tint in the sun)

But thanks a bunch! I am happy!

liveinlovexx

Yeah pinklissamel, I would totally do some semi-colors if I could have, but my hair (as you see in the profile pic I currently have) is pretty dark, so lighter colors wouldn't have worked! :/ But I do have red tint to my natural hair, so going back to red more so than brown was easy! And yeah gigisd, some days I wish I would have never started to dye my hair, but I do keep taking great care of it. I use really good shampoo and protectants, and I really do try to hold out a few months before I do anything different to it! :] I'm dreading the gray hair when it makes it's way to me!

Anyways, here is the picture of my new hair!! (It's not the most drastic change, but I love it!) Oh and the lipstick in this picture is the BITE Mini duo lip color, the pink and red one, I am so in love with it!

me.png

jellybean917

[ Edited ]

Wow. Your eyes are insane! The red brings them out perfectly. And I lovelovelove the pink lip on you! Are your eyebrows naturally that color, or did you have those dyed?

PS: insane in the holy-smokes-you'regorgeous kind of way

drrragon

@liveinlovexx -- wow what a gorgeously lush color for your hair!  it looks beautiful!  (and so does the rest of you, lol) :smileyhappy:

gigisd

(0) Hearts

I'm so glad things worked out for you.  I have naturally amazing auburn hair.  A stylist suggested that I color it to make it shine even more--I was young and naive and didn't realize that ammonia and peroxide wreak havoc on virgin hair.  Please treat your hair gently and only color if needed.  I have to cover some grays now, but back then my hair was probably my best feature and I have never felt it as soft and silky as it used to be.

pinklissamel

(0) Hearts

I reccommend until you know what range and color you really want, try some semi permanent colors at home to see what you like and dont like, before you go permanant. They wash out within the month depending on how much you wash your hair. It gives you options with out permanently damaging your hair. Good luck with whatever you decide. Just remember you are beautiful no matter what color your hair color is.

liveinlovexx

I finally did my hair! Went for the more red idea! Thanks keelybt! I still wanted blonde but they def all talked me out of it at the salon ha!  I will have to post a pic from my comp tomorrow since it won't let me do it from here :/

liveinlovexx

Sweet, thanks lylysa, I will give those a try! :]

lylysa

You're welcome! :smileyhappy: If you end up making some changes to your hair, keep us posted and share pics!

liveinlovexx

(0) Hearts

Yeah red can be harder. I actually have red in my hair now, not has vibrant, but a dark red, and it does fade quick!

lylysa

Pureology makes their Reviving Red line that is stellar, also, John Freida's red glaze is a great steal, it's efficient, keeps locks shiny and vibrant, plus it doesn't break the bank!

liveinlovexx

(0) Hearts

That color is very very pretty! I will have to show it to my colorist and see if it would work well! Thanks!

liveinlovexx

(0) Hearts

keelybt, like a bright red? Or maybe put some bright red highlights in it? Hmm... nope. That may be nice!! Thanks for the idea!

Soo many good ideas, I love my Sephora forum friends! :]

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • drrragon
    • gigisd
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl