liveinlovexx

I want to change my hair color, but don't know to what! Help?! :]

(0) Hearts

Sooo... I've been doing the same color for years now. It's a beautiful color, and it works for me very well. I get compliments daily. But I have lost 30 pounds, have been going to the gym, and just feel different and would like a drastic change to add to my new self! Based off of my profile picture, what colors would you recommend?

I want to go blonde... but I think it will be a disaster. My colorist and all of my friends said they don't think I should do that. And besides, I don't want to hurt my hair too much.

I don't want to mess with the cut, because I am trying to grow it out.

Thanks! :]

keelybt

Re: I want to change my hair color, but don't know to what! Help?! :]

Not necessarily BRIGHT red but something like this best-red-hair-styles-of-2012.jpg

lylysa

(0) Hearts

That's very similar and reminds me of Famke Janssen's hair color when she played Jean Gray/Phoenix in the X-Men series!  It's a much deeper, cool toned red, so it's still suitable for fairer complexions but isn't so bright!

Red is going to take a bit of maintenance as the pigment used tends to fade and get brassy quick, but there are tons of preservation products and tips/techniques to keep color vibrant!

liveinlovexx

(0) Hearts

Thanks lylysa! I am just afraid that full out blonde will wash me out and not look good? But I guess if I want a drastic change I need to take some risks!

keelybt

Hi Liveinlovexx I love your current hair, but have you considered red? It would spice up your look and not be to difficult to achieve with your current shade.

lylysa

No need to go full on blonde, take the photos to your colorist and state you want a good base color and use the Kate Hudson and Rachel McAdams photos as reference for the shades for highlights and low lights. :smileyhappy:

Congrats on the weight loss as well!

beautylovingirl

Well whatever you decide on I'm sure it will look great and you definitely deserve it!

liveinlovexx

Thanks so much beautylovingirl. It was a hard task and I am not done yet, but it feels great! I did send the picture to my colorist and she did say it would take a lot of work and bleach, which scares me. I don't want yucky hair! But keeping my options open!

beautylovingirl

OMG! That's so awesome that you have lost 30 pounds and you certainly deserve a great makeover hair color and all. I love the bottom picture just take it to our stylist and I'm sure you can come up with a similar color to the bottom picture. Great job on the weight loss there's never anything easy about that you've accomplished a lot and should be very proud of yourself!:smileyhappy:

liveinlovexx

(0) Hearts

honey-blonde-hair-highlights.jpghair.jpg

The top picture is something along the same lines that I  have done before, a while ago.

And the bottom  picture, I was liking this a lot, but I am so pale... and that is why even more blonde would probably be a disaster. Her roots are my natural color, so I thought this would also be more low maintenance than my dark red hair.

lylysa

I think the photo of VS model Alessandra's look can be tailored to fit your features and characteristics. I actually find that Alessandra's complexion and hair color fit her more neutral/tan coloring, so to adapt that to your more fair complexion and to work with your look already, I think you can go lighter, but keep your highlights warmer than Alessandra's photo. A color like that may look to ashen on your skin, especially if the rest of your hair color is altered or lightened up.

Try to have your highlights be more sunny and golden compared to her's which are a much cooler blonde while your photo has your highlights at a much warmer, caramel type shade.

swfupload_5194391869426000829.jpg

swfupload_9161325852743063075.jpgswfupload_39540416675595476.jpg

Aim for highlights and lowlights in the shade range of the two Kate Hudson photos and I would sya make your highlights no lighter than what Rachel McAdam's color in the bottom photo is.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • drrragon
    • gigisd
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • JGSFLA