wendyomgwar

I need help finding a good sulfate free drugstore shampoo/conditioner :)

Hey girls! I've been trying to take better care of my hair, but I don't want to splurge on a super expensive line for my hair! I have naturally curly hair. Its dry, frizzy, thick, and I don't have a color in nor do I usually use heat on my hair, it usually air dries and I don't really straighten it. Also I have access to Sally's haha :smileytongue:

AlexTuft

Re: I need help finding a good sulfate free drugstore shampoo/conditioner :)

My favorite is kiss my face. It is inexpensive, and the ingredients are safe. I much rather using this than the L'oreal lines that are also popular, but have some questionable ingredients. 

swfupload_711934271490708364.jpgswfupload_3337673669130572813.jpg

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

The mistreated seems like it would be great for me, where do they sell this line?

DoctorsMrs

[ Edited ]

Drugstore dot com has it

It's buy 1 get 1 half off right now

wendyomgwar

Oh awesome! Thanks :smileyhappy:

fatRENO

If you ever decide to buy a professional brand, I've been using Paul Mitchell's Forever Blonde.  No, I do not have blonde hair, but it is sulfate free and contains nutrients that over-processed hair needs.  My hair has never been softer.  (It also smells super nice!)

lulabelle55

Aveeno conditioning baby shampoo!

Manda

Have you tried the brand Curls?  It is sold at select target however it is targeted more for curly hair.  A lot of girls who are doing the curly girl method (sulfate and silicone free) swear by it.  Also, Shea Moisture is another brand to check out, which is also sold at Target.  They will be in the ethnic hair sections. 

pinkonyx

do you have a local sallys beauty? If so go in and ask for argan oil shampoo, its awesome. 

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Awesome! They're right around the corner maybe they'll even have a sample :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

Anyone ever heard of the Renpure Hair Line? I stumbled across their shampoos and conditioners after I Keratin treated my hair and needed a sulfate free shampoo! Their Brazilian Keratin and Argan Oil lines are great for my curly hair.

Organix is another great inexpensive line that has lots of sulfate free options! They make Keratin, Moroccan Argan, Tea Tree Mint (great for clairifying!), Macadamia Oil and more!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I've never heard of the Renpure line, where can you buy it? I'm really excited about trying the Organix line! All you curly girls seem to love it!

crayzeeRN

The website says most drug/grocery stores have it!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Oh awesome! I'll have to check it out after I finish my current shampoos, I feel like I go through conditioner so much faster!

melissa93

I personally hated the l'oreal everstrong, pure, etc line. It didn't rinse out very well and weighed my hair down. I prefer the organix shampoo and conditioner :smileyhappy: it's my go to brand :smileyhappy: 

Spyski

(0) Hearts

I had an opposite effect on my hair. I use the L'Oreal EverPure Volume shampoo + conditioner and its been my go-to lately. Gives the right amount of "umph" without being frizzy. I tried the Organix coconut conditioner and I'm not satisfied with that. I hope all their products aren't as drying as that conditioner, because I'm willing to give that brand another whirl.

melissa93

I use the argan oil one currently and before that I used their keratin one. OMFG IF YOU LIKE CHOCOLATE THEN DON'T BUY THE KERATIN ONE! YOU WILL CRAVE IT LIKE CRAZY! It smells really good >.>

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I'll make sure I try that one first! I've wanted to avoid L'Oreal but it seemed like that was the only drugstore sulfate free hair care at the drugstore thanks :smileyhappy:!

kenny

Try L'oreal, their Everpure, Everstrong, Evercurl lines are sulfate free

tallwoman

Natures's Gate!

prosopon

A lot of the Organix brand is sulfate free as well.  They have some amazing smells.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • kenny
    • prosopon
    • tallwoman
    • wendyomgwar
    • Manda