From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

I need a hair care routine for summer please! i will be going to Dominican Republic and the sun is very dangerous there!

Re: I need a hair care routine for summer please! i will be going to Dominican Republic and the sun is very dangerous there!

Aveda and phyto both have hair sun lines for both during and after sun.

Re: I need a hair care routine for summer please! i will be going to Dominican Republic and the sun is very dangerous there!

Hi @javiera123,

I always have a protective oil I put on before the beach or pool and it contains an SPF so really protects the hair and deeply nourishes it at the same time. 

At night I wash them with a low poo shampoo just because there's no detergent so its more gentle on the hair overall - although it doesnt foam so might feel weird my hair feels amazing and super shiny after!!

My 2 go to products: 

http://www.sephora.com/moisturizing-hair-oil-with-lavender-P401462?skuId=1747294&icid2=products%20gr...

http://www.sephora.com/cleansing-mask-with-lemon-P401465?skuId=1747260&icid2=products%20grid:p401465 (just won Allure best of beauty, definitely one of my favorite low poos!)

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi @javiera123 I recommend taking lots of conditioner - I always take something for detangling and a deep conditioning argan based one, in addition to my usual products.  There are some really good recommendations from @lylysa below. 

Have fun in Dominican!

Hi, Javiera123!

In addition to knowing where you'll be travelling to will be very sunny (so even checking into products that offer UV protection would be priority), can you share with us a bit more about your hair and any other concerns? For example, is your strands fine, coarse, curly, straight, wavy, thin, thick, relatively normal, color-treated, chemically-treated, or any combination of these aspects? Are you looking to address anything specifically such as tackling frizz, enhancing the shape and texture of curls or waves, softening and deeply moisturizing dry strands, etc.?

Can you share with us more detail about what you currently do for your hair and what your regimen consists of (how often you wash, do you blow dry/use thermal tools and protectants, what shampoo/conditioner do you use, are you using any special treatments)?

Below are just a few products that offer up UV protection to help shield strands from damage from the sun's rays. Depending on the formula, some also help add softness and manageability while others can add shine (feel free to check them out individually to learn more).

Living Proof's PHD 5-in-1 Treatment, Bumble and Bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer, Alterna's Caviar CC Cream, Dry Bar's Triple Sec Spray, Alterna's Fade Proof Finishing Gloss, and Sachajuan's Hair In The Sun Cream.

i have really oily hair, i wash every day, i used Morrocanil oil and dry shampoo sometimes. Thanks for helping me!

Are you referring to the Moroccan Oil line or just the oil itself? Which dry shampoo do you use? Are you using any other products aside from the two you named?

In addition to hair being oily, is your hair textured at all? Is it thin? Thick? Color-treated? Chemically-treated? Is there a specific reason you're looking to change up your current hair care routine for your trip or are you merely wanting something to add into your existing regimen to give protection from the sun? 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing