Answer
I have dry, brittle hair and split ends. What can I use?
(0) Hearts

I have damaged my hair and want to fix it without cutting it. My hair is long, dry, brittle hair and I also have split ends. What can I use?? please help.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello rebeccabecky!

I have the same problem due to years of dying, stripping, blow drying, flat ironing etc which have done a number on me. I started using Fekkai Shea Butter Mask. It's a conditioner you leave in your hair for 20-30 minutes once or twice a week. My hair feels fantastic after using. For a shampoo, Rene Furterer Shampoo is great. In fact the entire line is highly recommended. The only problem is the pricing....Definitely not a shampoo I can buy all the time. On the bad financial months I turn to Pantene Full to Volume Shampoo and Conditioner or Tresemme (Smooth and Silky). Not only has it made my hair extremely soft and less damaged looking, both smell AH-mazing. I also highly recommend leave in conditioners. Ojon Revitalizing Mist is my favorite. It conditions and gives me the messy sexy look and I spray it on my hair when it looks a little flat. I've experienced and had great luck with Ecoly Tri-Wheat leave -conditioner/detangler. You can find it for about $15. Chi Silk Infusion is also really great to put in your hair after showering. You can find it at your local drug store.

Also, when I stopped blow drying my hair constantly I saw great results. I lessen the amount of times I flatten or curl my hair. I just gently brush it when it's wet and when it drys it stays that way. Although you don't want to cut, the occasional trim is necessary. I trim my hair every few months to keep myself from pulling all my split ends apart. :-/ it's a bad habit.

In conclusion:

Shampoo and condition your hair with a shampoo that describes your hair. (Brands recommended: Fekkai, Rene Furterer, Paul Mitchell, Pantene, Tresemme, Chi)

Once a week hair masks and daily leave-in conditioners will also help immensely in improving the condition and look of your hair.

If using a heat tool isn't necessary, don't use it. That was the biggest factor in my hair looking dry and brittle. Sorry for the novel. Hope this helps! Also, experiment! Look at reviews and different notable brands. Everyone is different. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi! That's a good one too.

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation