Bhavie

I got partial highlights and my hair is VERY dry - what do I do?

I have dry hair to begin with and I made the mistake of getting partial highlights. Now the hair that is dyed is like straw. I've tried a couple of diff shampoos and tried oil treatments but it always ends up really dry. Please help!
onehotmutha

Re: I got partial highlights and my hair is VERY dry - what do I do?

(0) Hearts

I recommend the ALTERNA CAVIAR line. To get my hair back into shape from highlights, i used the shampoo, hair mask and protein leave in cream. All 3 worked wonders together. I would use them once every 3 days. Yes, 3 days. Washing my hair everyday was drying it out more.

They're a bit pricey, but they got my hair back to healthy.

Gizeh

(0) Hearts

I'm a victim to blonde ambition, and my hair pays for it. The only thing that seems to help my super dry ends is time and a strict no shampoo - no heat routine. I use a cleansing conditioner, and my bleached tresses look better right away. Look for a sulfate free and you'll see the difference.

By the way I've tried many deep conditioners and oil treatments, but they didn't make a long term difference, so I don't use them anymore.  

lew132

(0) Hearts

I got partials a few weeks ago too. I've been using the living proof restore mask treatment a couple times a week and it's done wonders for my hair.

comeoneileen88

(0) Hearts

The same thing happened to me when I got ombre highlights.  The blonde parts of my hair became very dry and tangled easily.  I started using the Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer daily, and it's helped soooo much.  I also use the Wella Brilliance Treatment conditioning mask 1 or 2 times per week.  Using those two products together has made a really big difference!

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Have you tried a hair moisturizing mask? My hair was getting dry from hard water, Redken All Soft heavy cream helped tons. Redken does have a Real Control repair line. Redken is safe for colored hair.

However, straw like hair is labeled damaged. Try a mask or deep treatment twice a week to start until it's feeling more normal, then you could do once a week. Products with keratin are also helpful for this damage.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • onehotmutha
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • Gizeh
    • lew132
    • comeoneileen88
    • Bhavie