Answer
annie121
How to style shoulder length curly hair
I have curly hair down to my shoulders and I have know idea how to style it or put it up? I keep putting it up in a ponytail because usually when i try something new its just horrible. plez help?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I agree with one of the other posts that suggested straightening your curly hair with a flat-iron.  That would be an extremely different look for you if you always wear your hair curly.  When straightening, make sure that your hair is clean and completely dry.  Take small (approximately 2 inch) sections of hair and straighten.  Since your hair is naturally curly you may need a product to help straighten your hair before using the flat-iron.  A very good product is Living Proof Straight Making Hair Styling Cream which you can find at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P240905&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5936

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

nella369
Answered
(0) Hearts

I also have curly hair and have spent a lifetime trying to figure out what to do with it. The first thing you need is a good hair stylist that knows how to cut curly hair (these are hard to find). When you find a good salon ask for someone who is good with curly hair when you make the appointment. For styles, check out the site www.naturallycurly.com. It has way more advice. It helps you classify your hair type and search for styles that will look good on you. Bring a picture in with you when you go to a salon for the first time. For products, stay away from hair spray, use a creme or mousse. Hope it helps!

wakeboarderr
Answered
(0) Hearts

You could always straighten it (make sure to do it in sections so you make it look natural) and then after that make it wavy using a straightner(place the straightner halfway down a 2inch section of your hair and flick your wrist out to make  perfectly-imperfect spirals and curls. also, try to avoid blow drying it(or at least do so but with a thermal protectent worked in) but most of all, try to play up your natural texture, using some products that you have found to work. if frizz is a concern, may i suggest  the  John Freida Frizz Ease line, espically the Serums. i use the serums the night before i plan on doing my hair and it makes it soft, managable, and it smells great! also, i suggest "Its A 10" styling line. my mom also has shoulder-lenght very curly hair and she swears by that. Its A 10 can be found in many salons, including Trade Secret and Sallys Beauty Supply. Good Luck

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • annie121
    • nella369
    • wakeboarderr