alkapassi

How to grow my hair back..please help

(0) Hearts

i got my hair cut done today and she cut my hair by 3 inches rather than cutting by 1 inch ( that I asked for ) and it has bad layers and looking horrible.please help me to grow my hairs back 

TIA

serenity0108

Re: How to grow my hair back..please help

(0) Hearts

After searching for nearly a year for great hair products that would help with major hair issues I was having, I found Peter Lamas Chinese Herb Shampoo and Condition - it saved the health of my scalp, stopped hair falling, and the overall health of my hair is so much better! It's amazing stuff!! Collagen is also a FANTASTIC supplement to take for great hair health! Get it in powder form, not a pill.

serenity0108

(0) Hearts

I've been taking collagen and have noticed that my hair grows much faster. Keep in mind, any supplement you take is better in liquid form, instead of a pill, as a liquid supplement will get into your blood stream faster and more effectively than a pill. Highly recommend the collagen. Biotin is great as a mineral supplement, however, collagen is a more powerful supplement and will be more effective for quicker hair growth. Good Luck! :smileyhappy:

jozkid

(0) Hearts

If you truly hate it, go back to the salon and talk to the manager. They may be able to retrim some of the layers to give them more swing. I've done it when I've been dissatisfied with a cut. Of course, do NOT agree to the same stylist.

Also, it's a fresh cut. It may take a little time before it settles into what you want. I have a great stylist I've been using for close to 20 years. She does a fabulous cut, but I hate the way she dries my hair. I can never tell how my hair is really going to look until I get MY hands and blowdryer on it. You may just need to experiment with it for a bit. 

melde

(0) Hearts

Take the vitamin biotin, it helps hair to grow faster. Also helps nail strength. :smileyhappy:

MikuNerd65

The good thing I like about hair...is no matter what the person did/you did. It always grow back. It's not like that mistake is going last permanently, eventually your hair does grow back.  When I cut my bangs, and since I haven't done it in a while (it's the only part of my hair that I cut since hairstylists never get right)..I'll be like..."Oh well, it'll grow back" and it does. It's just not a big whoop to me, unless I was bald or went to a salon and came out with patches of hair. Then I'll end up crying all the way home....Trying to find a way to avoid public.

jalexandria

(0) Hearts

Use sublimed sulfur powder. Put it in a bottle of jamaican black castor oil and your hair will grow back quickly I should know, I shaved all of my hair off about a year ago and now its shoulder length. And I bleach my hair, so I'm really lucky to have any hair left.

ElleW2005

(0) Hearts

I take biotin and prenatal vitamins. I have no problem recommending the biotin supplements but unless you don't eat a balanced diet like I do, I wouldn't recommend starting prenatal vitamins without consulting your doctor. 

katyholmes

(0) Hearts

When you shampoo, be sure to gently massage your scalp, because that promotes the secretion of sebum. When you rinse the shampoo out, use cool or tepid water. That will keep your hair and scalp healthier, which promotes growth.

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

As mentioned below, vitamins are a big help. Give it three months and you will see a difference with them. I was growing out a pixie from this past winter and now it looks like that vs supermodel, hmm what's her name with the short hair... Ah I can't think right now. Anyways, a few months on a multivitamin or a prenatal will help. I got a special one from vitacost formulated for hair. Helped a bunch.  my hair hardly grows at all on its own  and the vitamins really work.

I'm sorry I hate it when they don't listen. 

alkapassi

(0) Hearts

Sorry I meant  Mane 'n' Tail shampoo. or any other hair produc you recommend here on sephora .I can use my 20$ off card today

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

I used main n tail on my horse, and it didnt do much. the shampoo didnt work that well at all.......

MikuNerd65

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I looked everywhere online (before I had a BT account) I found that same question and they said the best product was mane n tail. I even tried it, it was nice...and I even had an ex try it. He said he saw a difference in his hair growth because of mane n tail. So I would try it.

clarks18

It will sound stupid but get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks.  Find a good stylist do not go back to the one that butchered your hair.  It really does make a difference and it helped me when I chopped my hair into a bob a few years back.  You don't want to grow out a bad style that's why having someone else keeping trimmed up and uniform will really help.  And as always drink lots of water try to eat cleaner and take a multi-vitamin.  Don't wash your hair as often, avoid too much heat styling, and avoid harsh chemicals in hair products like alcohols, and sulfates.  Best of luck!

alkapassi

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone for your suggestion.Does anyone used main and tail shampoo.Any suggestions.Earlier I had hair length past bra strap and now they are shoulder length and in 6 months I am going to my home country after 4 years and I want a nice hair cut by then

Adaezeissei

(0) Hearts

Yes I use Mane N Tail conditioner regularly. I shampoo with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration 2in1 conditioning shampoo then follow up with Hello Hydration Conditioner or the Mane N Tail depending upon my mood that day. Since I style my hair by twisting or braiding it in about a dozen small sections then letting it air dry, I also apply the Mane N Tail to damp hair as a leave-in styling creme to each section before braiding it up. I should note that I am a black woman who does not use chemical straighteners in her hair at all. This method keeps the moisture in my hair for several days at a time and keeps it from tangling up and looking crazy. My hair has retained a good six inches of growth over the past year by doing this-it has gone from just under my ear lobes to my collarbone and I am very excited about it.

Clakent

(0) Hearts

Why do stylist always do that? Massage your hair every day, wet or dry for about 10 mins and flip your head upside down for 20 seconds so that you can promote circulation in your scalp. Once or twice a week, massage your scalp with almond oil and leave it in for 15-30 minutes before washing it out. A healthy treatment does a lot to make your hair grow, I use an argan oil from pro naturals and it works great.

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

Biotin helps mine grow very quickly, but check with your doctor before starting anything like that.  Generally it's not a big deal, but it's always better to call and ask just in case. 

alkapassi

(0) Hearts

Please suggest some products that helps in growing hairs faster and healthy..any shampoo,conditioner,vitamin,treatment (that does not have any side effects ).I need to get it back

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

There isn't a lot you can do - drink lots of water, take your vitamins (pre-natals help a lot of folks with weak hair and nails,) buy some hats, find a new stylist. Mostly, it's going to take time. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • serenity0108
    • ladymeag
    • lillyjumper
    • clarks18
    • melde
    • alkapassi