Answer
machere
How to Grow Hair Faster?

I have short hair.  I cut it this summer into a boy cut, and now I want it longer.  My hair is a little lower than my chin, but it's shorter in back, and I have side bangs.  Anyways, what products can I use to get it to grow faster? 

Thanks.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 14
marydiva
Answered
My dad, a doctor, has always told me the only way to grow hair faster is excercise, believe it or not! Sweating gets those dead skin cells moving and hair growing :smileyhappy: there's lots of studies out there
CatherineAnn7
Answered

I have a good way too, I had shoulder lenght hair ! 

And hair grown about 1/2 an inch a month . 

If you want to speed it up you can use this 

1.Take your vitamins especially vitamin A and/or B 1  a day a in the morning B at night either or

2.Wash your body everyday but hair every other day!

3.Comb hair with a come (thin toothed comb)

4. When you visit salon ask for a TRIM like a centimeter off!!

(it helps)

5.Don't pull it back in ponies keep it long a and loose

I did those steps and I have my hair 2 inches longer and I started it A little before this month! 

Hope This was helpful!

tenngal
Answered

There's no scientifically proven way to make your hair grow faster.  But, there is a lot of research on what causes hair loss.  And the less hair you lose, the more hair you have growing to your length of choice.  While some of the causes of hair loss can't be helped, there are several things you can do to encourage your hair to grow to its full potential.

Keep your hair in excellent condition.  Seeing a hairdresser regularly to have your hair cut will keep it in top condition.  Hair in good condition gives the impression it's longer even if it's not because it looks good and has no split ends, etc.

1) Use a quality brush to keep your hair brushed, such as a boar brush.  Tilt your head forward and brush with your head upside down to bring the oils to the ends of your hair and stimulate the scalp.

2) Keep your hair well moisturized.  You don't need to use commercial product but you do need to know what can condition your hair properly if you resort to natural items.

3) Don't wash your hair every day.  Allow the hair oils to condition your hair rather than constantly washing the oils out.

4) Massage your hair while washing it.  This will help stimulate new growth.

Be kind to your hair.  Your hair falls out of its own accord (approximately 70 to 150 hairs daily), but you may be pulling it out faster as a result of the things you do to it.  The gentler you are with your hair, the less chances it has to fall out excessively.  Some things to keep in mind include: 

1) Don't put your hair into tight ponytails or cornrows.  Use butterfly clips and loose braids instead.

2) Brush your hair carefully.  If you have wavy or curly hair, there are probably times when you encounter resistance as you're brushing.  Right before brushing, use your fingers to gently comb through your hair.  And when you brush, start at the ends, and hold the strand you're brushing with your other hand so that if you pull on the hair with a brush, you're not pulling on the root (pull from the grip of your hand instead).

3) Brush your hair before you shower in the morning.  Throughout the night your hair can knot up a lot.  Brushing your hair before you shower reduces tangling when washing it in the shower.  When using conditioner, try sifting your fingers through your hair.  This reduces extensive combing after your shower and helps to distribute the conditioner evenly.

4) Minimize how much you style your hair.  Any kind of styling that involves pulling your hair at the root (blow drying straight, straight iron, curling iron, rollers) will contribute to hair loss.  Heat styling also can encourage hair to break.  If you really need to dry your hair fast, use a blow dryer for 5 minutes only.

5) Avoid or minimize harsh treatments like dyes, tints, bleaches, straighteners and perms.  These weaken your hair and increase the likelihood of breakage and loss.

6) Minimize or stop using heating items on your hair, unless you’ve used a heat protecting styling product.

Maintain good food nutrition or boost it by taking a daily multivitamin.  Your body needs several building blocks in order to produce a healthy head of hair, and you can easily meet your body's requirement by eating a balanced, nutritious diet, or by taking a multivitamin consistently if you are not eating well due to illness, etc.  Keep in mind, however, that it can take several months to notice the results, so don't get discouraged.

1) Research suggests that iron deficiency makes hair loss worse.  Women with heavy periods are at a higher risk of iron deficiency.  However, unless you have an iron deficiency diagnosed by a doctor, you shouldn't take iron supplements.  They can upset your stomach and cause severe constipation and iron overload can be dangerous.  Taking a multivitamin and eating iron-rich foods (tofu, lentils, beans, oysters, spinach, prunes, raisins, lean beef) is more than enough.

2) If you're a vegetarian, eat foods rich in Vitamin C whenever you eat iron-rich veggies.  Vitamin C will help your body absorb the kind of iron that is found in vegetables.

3) Avoid purchasing unnecessary supplements such as biotin.  Despite the many claims that biotin promotes hair growth, no studies have shown this to be the case.  However, hair loss is a sign of severe biotin deficiency; in these cases, the hair loss will be accompanied by a scaly rash around the nose and mouth.  Few people suffer this condition.

Avoid dramatic weight loss.  As you shed pounds, you also shed hair.  The dramatic changes that your body undergoes when it loses weight quickly (the change in nutrients, the stress involved) can cause your hair to thin.  Diets low in protein and iron (for example, very low-fat diets) and also those high in protein but low in fruits and vegetables (for example, Atkins) that result in dramatic weight loss can also trigger significant hair loss.  Instead, keep a balanced diet, and focus on gradual calorie reduction (one or two pounds a week).

1) Each hair on your head grows for 2-5 years, slows down for about six weeks, and rests for 3 to 5 months before falling out so a new hair can grow in its place.  Normally, 15% of your hair is at the resting phase, but a sudden change in nutrition can cause some hair follicles in the growing phase to switch into the resting phase prematurely, possibly raising the percentage to more than 30%.

Relax—stress is a common cause of reversible hair loss.  When you experience physical or emotional turmoil, it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 4 months for the results to show up in your hair.  It is important to relieve your stress.

Address any pressing health issues.  Hair is a strong indicator of overall health.  Many nutritional deficiencies can cause hair growth to slow, and can cause hair to thin.  Hormonal problems such as hypothyroidism and PCOS can also cause thinning.  If your hair has gotten seriously thinner, or stops growing for more than a few months, discuss it with your doctor as soon as possible.

My very used and won beauty book gives these tips and my favorite book has not let me down, so I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

dsunset
Answered
(0) Hearts

hair formula 37 vitamins and shampoo make hair grow faster. perfect for growing out a short haircut.

Manda
Answered
(0) Hearts

Nutrition does have a lot to do with it - if you aren't eatting healthly, your hair won't grow as fast.  Biotin or fish oil is very beneficial to hair and skin.

Also, consider getting deep conditioning treatments with scalp treatments.  Scraping the scalp of dead skin helps renew it and can help with hair growth.

Make sure you get your hair trimmed.  No offense but if you have dead ends, your hair will not grow.  Instead, it will break off.

BeaPD
Answered
(0) Hearts

I learned a lot about regrowing hair in the last year after having a horrible experience with telogen effluvium (shedding up to 70% of one's hair over a few months, triggered by illness, surgery, or a traumatic event). My dermatologist told me that the only supplement that had any research to back up claims of efficacy is 5,000 mcg (5 mg) of biotin per day. 

As commenters have noted below, check with your doctor before beginning supplements and only use as directed. My goal wasn't to grow my hair more quickly, but I found that I began growing many, many more baby hairs within a few weeks of use. 

growhairfaster
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Here are some other hair growing tips:

Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.

Eat a healthy diet.  Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.

Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace.  Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.

Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.

Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.

Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair's shaft.

Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.

Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.  

jennypenny1995
Answered
(0) Hearts

Your hair and nails are a direct reflection of your health.  Most people grow up to 1/4" a month.  I had a pixie cut Christmas 2011 and, with natural curly hair that springs up when it grows, it's just about long enough 14 months later to pull it into a tiny ponytail.  It takes a LOT of patience to grow it out, but I'm enjoying having my curl again!  I will say, however, that I do feel good hair product (Aveda's Be Curly or their smoothing lines have been what I use) makes sure your hair doesn't break and makes it more manageable as it grows.

narsgirl43
Answered
(0) Hearts

Biotin it is a vitamin/mineral, only take as directed, you can also buy a supplement that is called hair, skin and nails it has biotin in it. I am not a medical professional but I read about this and tried it myself. It works, but again only take as directed.

gabriellaramos
Answered
(0) Hearts

theres not really a product to do that. but you just have to let it grow out and  dont cut it anymore

LongHairRulz
Answered
(0) Hearts

There are a lot of tips I could give about nutrition, avoid damaging factors (like heated tools), and getting regular trims, but if you are asking about product recommendations, the best ones I have found are Hair Formula 37 vitamins. They have lots of great feedback.swfupload_579030972091888417.jpg

maenad
Answered
(0) Hearts

i know a product that will grow your hair faster. 

this product has really helped me grow some serious hair. 

Its called Shapleys MTG, and if you use it twice a day, everyday, you should see results in less than 7 days. 

I am just speaking from my own experiences. 

It smells like sulfur and bacon, but if you mix it in with your shampoo and conditioner, they should mask the smell. Also, it comes in a runny oil form so putting it in your shampoo and conditioner will prevent the oiliness. 

Squeeze a generous amount in your shampoo and conditioner, and shake well after. 

NOTE: YOU CAN PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT ON AMAZON.COM

firecracker7383
Answered
(0) Hearts

Wish I had an answer for you!! I also wish I had one for myself :smileyhappy: Good luck

mermadelove
Answered
(0) Hearts

ry taking hair skin and nails vitamins. Make sure it has B vitamins and silica. These help with strengthening your hair and preventing breakage. MSM and or sulfur are supposed to lengthen your hair's growth phase ot the cycle ( hair grows in fits and starts), so a hair vitamin that also contains that would help with hair growth. Make sure that you are using products to protect your hair from damage, as often the reason it looks like hair isn't growing is because it's getting damaged and broken.

Good luck!

Question Stats
  • 14 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • mermadelove
    • firecracker7383
    • machere
    • gabriellaramos
    • marydiva
    • Manda