Answer
rebr
How can I get rid of static in my hair?

What would you recommend to get rid of static in my hair? My hair is fine and I blow dry it every day (and use a flat iron). In the winter it tends to get very  staticy. What can I do to prevent this?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
corrin99
Answered

I have the same problem, even without blow drying.  I find that using lotion on all over my body helps a lot, don't wear nylons.  Always use conditioner, deep condition weekly.  If that's not enough you can use a shine spray, I really like Victoria's Secrets, and you can run a dryer sheet over your hair if you're desperate.

melissabt
Answered

Hi Rebr,

I agree with Janine. I personally use the Bumble and Bumble De-Frizz and find that it instantly deflates frizz. You can always mix a little of it with the Bumble and Bumble Grooming Cream for an added polished look. The grooming cream is great to create smooth styles.

Grooming Creme

<3 Melissa
cheeky76
Answered
[ Edited ]

Hands down, Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom. This is a staple in the beauty industry, actually works, and is really economical. Also, since you said you straighten your hair, this creme will really help to smooth it (I don't use it daily because it makes my hair really straight, and sometimes I just want added shine). Rub a tiny amount between your hands and apply to damp hair before you blowdry and style it. You will have zero flyaways. If you go to the Kiehl's store or counter, ask for a sample and they will be glad to give you one. I tried the sample first before buying the full size. Good luck!

janinebt
Answered

Hi rebr,

I hate when that happens! I feel like my hair is especially staticy the first few hours after I've flat ironed it. I would recommend using a frizz taming leave-in product, which will help in eliminating those pesky fly-aways. Below are two products that will definitely help in soothing your tresses.

Botanical Boost Moisture Infusing & Refreshing Spray

Botanical Boost&#174; Moisture Infusing & Refreshing Spray

Bumble & Bumble Defrizz

Defrizz

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • cheeky76