Answer
flagkitty13
Accepted Solution
How can I clean my wooden hairbrush properly?

I don't know if this is normal or not, but my hair brush has this dark colored residue on the bristles, as well as fuzzies at the base of them that are difficult to get off. Does anyone know a good way to clean it all off?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
lauren525
Answered

This is pretty similar to the answer before, but here are some simple steps to keep your wooden brush clean. I also have a wooden brush and it is hard to keep free from any dirt or fuzz.

1. The first thing that you want to do is remove any hair that is stuck in the bristles. take a regular comb at the sides of the brush, underneath the layer of hair at the bottom of the brush (I know this sounds gross, but it works!) and pull up, catching the hair in the comb. 

2. Once the extra, loose hair has been removed from the comb, fill a bowl with warm water, and squirt in a little bit of shampoo. Dip a toothbrush into the soapy water and rub the brush, making sure to get all of the crevices and bristles. This will remove any oil or dirt that has built up over uses. Also, clean the pad that is holding the bristles. If it is wooden, make sure that it is quick and only do as much as necessary, otherwise it will stain and the water will soak into the brush, causing the wood to rot later on. 

3. Rinse the toothbrush under water again, and go over your brush once more. 

4. While you let the bristles air dry, dampen a cloth and clean the handle and back of the brush. 

Hope that this helped!

Answers: 1
makeupmichelle
Answered
(0) Hearts

Run a tailcomb ( the kind used to tease hair), the smooth end, down the grooves of the brush. Should lift out the dirt, hair and debris. Shampoo the brush occasionally. You could keep the brush in a little pouch to prevent dust from settling.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • makeupmichelle
    • lauren525
    • flagkitty13