Yullz

Help me find a good shampoo and conditioner

(0) Hearts

Since you guys are such amazing enablers :smileytongue: My credit card cant handle it :smileytongue:

Today, I almost had a breakdown while I was showering, when I realized I was out of conditioner FOR ONCE :smileysurprised: Normally I always have backup for multiples but not this time.

Its probably a sign telling me I should switch it up. Normally I use the John Frieda Blonde one, the one thats supposed to make your hair lighter. And the luxurious one.

Now background information on my hair, my hair is super fine, and sensitive, what I mean by that, I have tried many drug store brand ones and I found John Frieda is the only one that makes my hair silky and smooth. My hair is au natural, which means never been coloured!

I am thinking about getting the bumble bumble Quenching, any other recommendations?

sunflower837

Re: Help me find a good shampoo and conditioner

(0) Hearts

My hair is "au natural" and fine, as well - not to mention I am allergic/sensitive to many additives.  I am a big fan of Deva Curl's No Poo as well as Pureology's Hydrate shampoo and conditioner (in the lavender bottle).

Adaezeissei

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If you're going the drugstore route you could either go for Herbal Essence brand in Hello Hydration or Mane N Tail brand. They are both super moisturizing, and smoothen and strengthen the hair strands admirably. Honorable mention goes to Organix brand shampoo/conditioners.

leolion

(0) Hearts

I recently tried Deva and I am in love with the brand.  It is available at Sephora and I believe it really is superior to most products out there.  Read the reviews and see what you think.

Hope this helps.

Kiki1517

By far the best shampoo I have ever used. My package is arriving today woohoo! Literally makes your hair feel like you have just walked out of the salon. I have extremely thick hair so alot of conditioners just don't do the trick.

1cros3nail4givn

Yes this is what I was talking about! I just tried a sample and I could already see the huge difference in just a few days of use!

gtichick

I ordered the $10 set of this (I think thats what it was, anyway) and have it coming today. I have used Aveda in the past and loved it but its not really in my budget any more, so I jumped at the chance for a $10 set of something so nice.

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

Bumble & Bumble doesn't do a darn thing for me (I have fine hair too).

Honestly Redken is the best salon brand I've tried and I've used pretty much everything.

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

Agreed.

Clakent

Pro naturals argan oil shampoo and conditioner is very good, it's sulfate and sodium free so it's the best for natural hair and sensitive scalp.

gtichick

I have used just about every line out there and the only brand I really love is Aveda. If you have a store near you, they will usually have samples or small trial sizes.

1cros3nail4givn

(0) Hearts

OMG yes aveda exfoliating shampoo is my hair crack. 😍😍

with the thickening conditioner please! (me and you have the exact same hair, blonde, thin, never been dyed, mines long and wavey though) 

Another one I have tried that my (word for person who cuts my hair,  Blanking)

suggested was Redken all soft. it is a lot cheaper, however it's not sulfate free but I did notice it actually made my hair softer as long as I bought the deep conditioning cream and used that once a week

I tried a sample of some bumble and bumble products I think it was the one for wavey hair and I thought it was a bit drying.

Another sample I had recently that my scalp certainly loved was the (crap why am I forgetting the name of everything) well it's something caviar anti-aging. Which sounds like a turn off because I would have never bought anti-aging hair products being 20 had I not been given a sample. Idk if it's the anti-aging or the rest of the product but my hair all around my scalp just felt a whole new clean and super soft too! It felt like my hair was growing out soooo much healthier. 

Candy357

I second ShinyMagPie, organix is amazing, plus you can find it everywhere which is nice! 

DeltaGammaGirl

You have to try Wen. It is absolutely amazing. I have fine hair as well, and this promotes hair growth and makes your hair extremely healthy since it is natural ingredients. It is a cleansing conditioner, so you only use the one bottle. It cleanses your hair, as well as, deeply conditions it. I cant go back to regular shampoo and conditioner after trying Wen because it has made my hair more full and healthy than it has ever been. My hair stays cleaner for a longer period of time, so you can reduce weekly hair wash times and it is overall wonderful for your scalp and hair.

All regular shampoos and conditioners are filled with chemicals and unhealthy things(even sulfate free shampoos). Wen is worth trying and you probably wont regret it :smileyhappy:

ShinyMagpie

I really like the Organix brand for drugstore shampoo/conditioner. I color my hair so I use the Biotin and Collagen versions. They are sulfate free. I use the ones I use because I need sham/cond with protein for my hair. They have a lot of different types. I recently got my refills from Ulta and the bottles were 50% larger for free. I really like this range. 

organix.jpg

Koivu11

I stopped dying my hair after being platinum (from red and pink and oh so many colors) so the bottom of my hair was stiff and dry. The organix biogen & collagen shampoo/conditioner in conjunction with the argan masque has turned my hair around! You can't tell anymore where the processed hair stops and the "virgin" hair begins, it's all soft and silky and i love it! 

dolceloure

Also a fan of Organix! I use the Coconut Milk versions -- smells soooo good and leaves my hair nice and soft. I've never tried the biotin and collagen, but I'm a little curious now!

amberangeline

Oh my gosh, the Coconut Milk Organix does smell WONDERFUL! I love that stuff!

russianblue

(0) Hearts

I don't know about the Quenching, but the coconut Bumble and Bumble is extremely moisturizing. Love it.

atr3810

(0) Hearts

I recently tried the Moroccanoil Volume shampoo at the recommendation of my hair stylist, and I fell in love with it.  It's my first foray into sulfate-free shampoo, and I can definitely tell a difference in the shininess and softness of my hair.  It's about $22 a bottle I think, and a little goes a long way.  I'm thinking that I can get a bottle to last me for about four months or so, and I shampoo my hair daily.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • russianblue
    • gtichick
    • sunflower837
    • dolceloure
    • midnightangel
    • leolion